One tier difference in ranked play

by BlueFootedBuoy

Original Post

Re: "Greater than allowed Rank Difference" issue When solo queued in r

★★★★★ Newbie
@Ponytail_Prince I have had the same issue, got two match abandons and deranked because of it!
Message 11 of 55 (850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Ponytail_PrinceI just made almost the same post, coz lost lots of points, got demoted from diamond 3 to diamond 4 and Penalty, mods just marked it as spam, nice solution

Message 12 of 55 (840 Views)

Solo Que matchmaking

★★★ Newbie

I was solo queuing at D4 and got paired with a plat 2 and gold 2. The game kicked me out saying “the rank difference was too great” or whatever the line is. I then log back in to find I was hit with an abandonment penalty and loss of double RP. How is that even a thing? Is this a bug? 

Message 13 of 55 (717 Views)

Kicked out of ranked (party has greater tier difference?)

★★★ Newbie

I was kick out of ranked (playing solo) because it said that there was a higher tier difference ( I’m d4) I lost point and got banned. Please fix!

Message 14 of 55 (796 Views)

Re: Kicked out of ranked (party has greater tier difference?)

★★★★ Apprentice
@christiantpadill I got the same, 10 min abandon penalty
Message 15 of 55 (792 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same to me. We pick champ, saw enemy squad and boom, kicked and penalty...

Message 16 of 55 (795 Views)

Ranked game penalty bug

★★ Newbie

I was just in a game on December 9, 2020 6:56pm. I joined a ranked game lobby and was paired up with a gold 4 and a plat 4. After the champion was announced I was instantly kicked because the rank was too high of a difference and was disconnected. I didn’t lose any rp because I Didn’t have Rp to begin with but I’m under a game penalty for “abandoning game”. 

Message 17 of 55 (746 Views)

Matchmaking during ranked

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Toddles28
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In legend select, or during loading into game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Entering game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Around 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09/12/20 08:10
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I got kicked from a ranked game for having too great a difference between ranks with my party, but I was not in a party. I was penalized as a leaver, except I was kicked by the matchmaking.
What should be happening instead? I shouldn't be matchmade with players below the threshold for a party in ranked mode.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Analyze the solo queue matchmaking limits.

I got kicked from a ranked game for having too great a difference between ranks, but I was not in a party. I was penalized as a leaver, except I was kicked by the matchmaking. Matchmaking placed me, as a solo queue, at current rank Diamond IV into a match with a Gold teammate, and detected us as a party after being placed in a game together. The game removed me from the game while loading, and gave me a leaver penalty. Why do I have a penalty because of the matchmaking?

Message 18 of 55 (775 Views)

★ Novice

This has has happened to me three times. It is deeply frustrating, especially in Diamond where an abandon penalty is a hefty 96RP. Got deranked from Diamond 3 back into Diamond 4.

What's even more puzzling is that this is completely out of the blue. Matchmaking has consistently placed me with me with Gold and Platinum players for the entire ranked split while I'm in Diamond. While it's annoying to have such a gap in skill, the game never punished me for its matchmaking service. Now, as a solo queue, I'm being banned because some Plat and Gold duos queue up and get into my lobbies?? 

It is simply unfair. I have no control over it. I'm solo queueing, and have lost almost 300 RP because matchmaking boots me out after I select my character. Once I see I have a gold team member, I'm removed, sent to the menu, and banned. 

Message 19 of 55 (761 Views)

Re: Kicked in Ranked for Tier difference in squad

★★★ Newbie
@29WHEELS Just happened to me twice. Looks like they dropped my rp while they were at it.
Message 20 of 55 (804 Views)