One build mode item has been removed

by SunnyKeg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

One build mode item has been removed

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've been getting the following message every time I go with my sim to their job at the science lab:

"One or more items may not be installed on your computer or the Origin account that is currently logged in does not own these items. One build mode item has been removed."

For me, this started the same day the perfect patio pack came out, but there is a message in the forums about this and other users had this issue starting sooner, so its probably not that pack or a recent patch that caused it.

I have never had mods or cc in my game

I have never edited the science lab, I use the default one that came with Get to Work

I definitely own Get to Work, so there's no reason for the game to think I'm accessing anything I don't own

I only have one Origin account and there are no other sims players or Origin users in my house, so it wouldn't be an issue with different logins or issues of that nature.

Here's a link to one thread in the forum where this issue is mentioned:

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/840475/can-someone-explain-or-at-least-see-if-this-happened-to-them

Edited to mention

I have tried repairing the game and the issue persists

Message 1 of 11 (18,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: One build mode item has been removed

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (19,596 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

the link is not working i think i found the right one? yes ?

adding link for @crinrict to see http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/840475/can-someone-explain-or-at-least-see-if-this-happen...

edit to fix tag

Message 2 of 11 (18,685 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, thank you! Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (18,678 Views)

Hero

Would be good if you could find out what is missing.

Did you also try repairing the expansion pack ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (18,665 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, thank you for your response. I repaired the main game as well as all of the packs I have and the issue persists (Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat).

Unfortunately I have not been able to determine which item has gone missing, I will keep trying and update when I can.

Message 5 of 11 (18,657 Views)

Hero

Question is if there's really an item removed or if it's the message that's acting up.

Do you get it all the time even if you save your game in that state and then return to the science lab later  (save under a new name) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (18,650 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just tried that and yes, I still get the message. It may be just the message itself acting up, I still can't figure out what's missing and I haven't noticed any gameplay issues other than having to acknowledge that message every time my sim goes to the lab.

Message 7 of 11 (18,641 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (19,597 Views)

★ Apprentice

Got your message, thanks for looking! I think you're right that its something in the save game I'm on.

Message 9 of 11 (18,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SunnyKeg  What was the problem? I'm having this issue with a home lot in komorebi.  It's happened twice so far upon reloading saved game, but its not every time.  I'm 99.9% sure nothing was removed either.  Its a smallish home and I didn't add that much to it.  No mods or CC, never used.  

Message 10 of 11 (9,350 Views)