Old Daka's Stun doesn't proc on finishing blow

by jcalton

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Old Daka's Stun doesn't proc on finishing blow

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Old Daka's Insightful Blow has a 40% chance to Stun a secondary target. [First target is 45%, second random target is 40%.]

But on finishing blows, this Stun never procs. 

Out of 100 finishing moves, we should be seeing it (either Stun or "Resisted" notification) roughly 40 times. Current observation is close to zero and nowhere near 40%.

(Again, I would be happy to see "Resisted")

My guess is a problem with how negative effects are applied and this step is skipped when the target is dead.

Apply Negative Effects Algorithm:

1) Is target dead?
--1a) If yes, exit negative effects algorithm \\Applying effects would be a stupid waste of CPU resources.

--1b) If no, apply negative effects.

Message 1 of 4 (287 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Old Daka's Stun doesn't proc on finishing blow

Community Manager

@jcalton Hi,

Thanks for researching this, please continue to report your findings here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22535/old-dakas-stun-doesnt-proc-on-finis...

Note that there are some secondary factors, namely Potency and Tenacity.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (262 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is still a bug.

I've done at least 100 iterations of this and have seen it twice:
Once it stunned someone

Once it tried to but resisted.

That's 2 out of 100 = 2% when it should have been 40%.

Daka now has a 55% chance to proc a stun on a finishing blow.

It's still not doing it. No stun. No resist.

We should be seeing it 55 out of 100 times...AFAIK it's somewhere between 0 and 5.

[I've observed 0 since the patch, but I'm willing to say that I'm an anomaly/edge case.]

I use Daka in Arena and GW (all 12 nodes), so  that's quite a lot over more than a month, and I watch for this.

Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This should not be hard to verify:

You just create daka versus (everyone else) battle and simulate it thousands of times and log the results.

If for some reason that's asking too much of about 5 seconds of CPU time,* then you create a test server and run Daka battles manually in there.

* I do understand that a programmer's time is needed to create the simulation, and that will be a lot more than 5 seconds. 

Message 3 of 4 (252 Views)

Community Manager

@jcalton Hi,

Thanks for researching this, please continue to report your findings here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22535/old-dakas-stun-doesnt-proc-on-finis...

Note that there are some secondary factors, namely Potency and Tenacity.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (263 Views)