Old Ben's Zeta Taunt not persisting

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 8
OS Version 12.1.3
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 367-252-131
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Old Ben's Taunt doesn't seem to be functioning as advertised.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fight battles with Zeta Old Ben and use his taunt.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I'm probably just misunderstanding game mechanics. But it seems to me that when used his Zeta Taunt ability it should persist forever. My Old Ben loses his taunt ALL the time. Most battles he uses it, he ends up losing it.

What is going on here?

Message 1 of 5 (359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Old Ben's Zeta Taunt not persisting

[ Edited ]

Can you possibly provide the details of both teams in the scenario where you see this?

Old Ben's "Devoted Protector" gives him taunt for two turns or until it is removed by an enemy. He'll immediately regain the taunt for one turn after the initial taunt expires/is cleansed. So the most he will taunt for consecutively will be three turns (excluding leader abilities etc).

Several debuffs such as Shock from Emperor Palpatine and Bastila Fallen will prevent the second taunt if Old Ben was shocked before the first taunt expires. There are a lot of CLS/Chewie teams around at the minute that can remove both applications of the taunt within two attacks, and buff immunity will prevent further taunts.

It's important to know only taunts that stem from Devoted Protector will renew on expiry for one turn. For example, the taunt granted by Bastila's leadership will not renew on expiry.

Hope this helps.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (351 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Can you possibly provide the details of both teams in the scenario where you see this?

Old Ben's "Devoted Protector" gives him taunt for two turns or until it is removed by an enemy. He'll immediately regain the taunt for one turn after the initial taunt expires/is cleansed. So the most he will taunt for consecutively will be three turns (excluding leader abilities etc).

Several debuffs such as Shock from Emperor Palpatine and Bastila Fallen will prevent the second taunt if Old Ben was shocked before the first taunt expires. There are a lot of CLS/Chewie teams around at the minute that can remove both applications of the taunt within two attacks, and buff immunity will prevent further taunts.

It's important to know only taunts that stem from Devoted Protector will renew on expiry for one turn. For example, the taunt granted by Bastila's leadership will not renew on expiry.

Hope this helps.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (352 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Old Ben is not like Bossk or Hound's Tooth. The text description says "when THIS taunt expires," referring specifically to the two-turn taunt granted by the user-actionable ability. When the next, one-turn taunt expires, there is no stipulation about him gaining another one.

Message 3 of 5 (329 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wow I really misunderstood this one.

What a terrible Zeta!

Message 4 of 5 (318 Views)

It's all relative. This helps Old Ben maintain a taunt, even if someone removes it and applies Buff Immunity or Traya's Isolate.

You want to see "terrible" zeta...look no further than Bodhi. Standard smile
"At the end of each of his turns, Bodhi grants Offense Up for 2 turns to a random ally who doesn't have it"