Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 08/16/2 at 6:00
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
What is your Franchise League Name? N/a
Summarize your bug [Offline Franchise] saved files game doesn't load
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play or Simulate 5 to 7 seasons. play at least one game import a draft class. once you reach the playoffs quit the game and try to reload the save file.
What happens when the bug occurs? The save file is corrupt
What do you expect to see? This exact same problem was in Madden 22 it never got resolved and now it's in Madden 23 I expect for the game to just work as intended.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Xbox series x
Enter RAM memory size in GB Xbox series x

The same issue that many players were having in madden 22 with offline franchise save files not loading is happening in Madden 23.

Madden 23 offline franchise save file crash happened once I reached year 27 playoff wild card once I want to load the save file.

Message 1 of 250 (10,640 Views)

Re: [Offline Franchise] saved game doesn't load

★ Apprentice
@jboss2244 Same thing for me on the PS5.....simmed to 2034. Played the super bowl and after I finished it crashed and corrupted the auto-save file just like on M22
Message 2 of 250 (10,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yeah it's sad something that is so vital for today's games the ability to save and come back and play later. For that simple process to not work in a game for a year and not be fixed Is inexcusable

Could you imagine a game like God of war or Halo having a problem like this

Message 3 of 250 (10,576 Views)

Madden 23 Franchise corruption

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 23
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox Series S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? ChucksRatHol
Date/time issue occurred 8-16-22/ 8:30pm
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
What is your Franchise League Name? Offline
Summarize your bug After a couple of seasons or in some cases games Madden will hard crash (most of the time right after you finish a game) and send you back to the Xbox home screen. When you get back into Madden and try to access your franchise you can't get back in. If you start another season or multiple saves it will corrupt those the same way as your last.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim 3 to 5 years in the franchise. Play 3 to 5 games in and your game should crash. go back into madden and try to open the franchise again and it should fail
What happens when the bug occurs? game hard crashes back to the main menu of your console
What do you expect to see? the main menu
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I've been playing the early access Madden 23 and I'm still having the same game breaking glitch from last year. After a couple games or seasons offline the game will hard crash and it will corrupt. It doesn't matter how many times you save, back up, or start a new seasons it will eventually corrupt. It's frustrating because I'm having fun then boom your whole career and everything just ends and you have to start all the way over. Really hoping for a day 1 patch for this.

Message 4 of 250 (8,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry aaaaaaand here we are again. 

I posted this concern on this board weeks ago. I specifically tagged YOU, Blueberry. There was no response. And I know you remember me. It looks like my post was removed prior to launch, unless someone can show it to me. 

This is the only reason I did not buy this game. If last year is any indication, it will take six months to fix this. That’s right, you will post about this issue until February. Sometime around the Super Bowl, you will be able to play your franchise. 

Last year was “the year of the franchise.” This year, EA advertised a “revamped franchise experience.” 

This is the first year I didn’t buy Madden because I no longer believe you.

I was right. 

Message 5 of 250 (10,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I ran a few tests and it seems like it has something to do with importing draft classes on 2027 or after the 2028 season I was able to recreate this save file crash 3 time Before I lost my 10-hour trial"well that was fun "🎉😩. I knew this was an issue in Madden 22 so I wanted to test the Madden 23 version before I spend my money on it and waste my time.

Message 6 of 250 (10,514 Views)

Re: Madden 23 Franchise corruption

★★ Novice
@ChuckysRatHole I have the same problem when i finish my first year. When you about to sign your contract it happens to me.
Message 7 of 250 (8,016 Views)

Re: Madden 23 Franchise corruption

★ Apprentice

This was an issue last year and there's a thread for M22 with over 390 posts about thus issue and it was never fixed last year and shipped with the same bug this year.  The real problem is that a year later people are still trying to figure out what the formula is that actually causes this.  Many people think it's loading custom classes but no one is really sure what the conditions are that create this bug...not even the people tasked with fixing it.  There is another thread on here started by Jboss titled offline franchise not loading file corrupted, or something to that affect.

Message 8 of 250 (7,959 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For context to everyone new to this game breaking bug - it has been present since Madden 21! and carried through to 22 and now it seems to 23 also. 

Message 9 of 250 (10,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Literally having the same problem. After I sim a few seasons and play a game or two it hard crashes and corrupts the file. This is the only mode I like to play so I basically can't play Madden. The first time I experienced this was in Madden 22 after a big November or December update. The game never worked the same after that

Side note: this makes me fear when NCAA 24 comes out it will have the same issue since they use the previous year madden build for it.

Message 10 of 250 (10,405 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help