Re: Offensive Playbook won't change in MUT, same plays show up

by Knowledgelaw2

Original Post

★★ Novice
@Knowledgelaw2 I'm having issue on PS4 and switching from 49ers 4-3 to 3-4.
Message 21 of 44 (3,412 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I just figured it out.  It literally doesn't matter what playbook you have equipped.  The game simply goes off of the playbooks you have set in your main settings.  I like to use the spread playbook, and I can't find it and have no clue how to get it, but I'm currently using the spread playbook because that's what I have set to in the settings.

tldr no matter what team you play for and what playbook you have selected in MUT, change your settings to whichever playbooks you want and they'll show up in game.

Message 22 of 44 (3,407 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as everyone else however mine is the Saints and I don't have - nor have I ever in M20 had the Saints unis, Coach or anything. I never played with anyone other than Browns (my original PB). Suddenly it's the Saints. 

Now I will say that I used Saints all of last Madden. I wonder if it is somehow tied to hospitality settings since I simply have NO Saints in my binder.

Message 23 of 44 (3,361 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The first two days I had the game, I played with my default offensive playbook (Browns). Then on Sunday my plays were totally different and it's the Saints offensive playbook. I don't even own the Saints book however it was my playbook in M19. The only thing that I did different was delete Madden 19. Ever since then, this happened. Then Monday it changed back to Browns again. Now today it's Saints. I also have not used Saints in any other mode.

Last night I went and bought a Ravens, Chiefs and another Browns playbook. I equipped all and nothing happens. It's still is Saints. My line up says Browns however in game it's Saints plays.

Message 24 of 44 (3,356 Views)

Playbook won’t change

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Marshallc19
Date/time issue occurred August 9th
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Solo Challenges
Summarize your bug I change my playbook, but when I play a solo my playbook does not change. Every solo it puts me in the saints playbook even though I’ve equipped many others, it just won’t change.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk that’s your job
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t run the plays I want
What do you expect to see? The playbook I actually have equipped
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I just want to use the 49ers playbook which I have equipped but for some reason the solo challenges put me in the saints playbook. I only get to use the 49ers on head to head. 

Message 25 of 44 (3,300 Views)

Re: Playbook glitch

★★★ Newbie

@Glutar wrote:

Which console generation do you have? XBOX One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Glutar Bot
Date/time issue occurred 8-3-19 3pm
Which part of the mode? Seasons
Summarize your bug The playbook remains as 49ers no matter what I do. I have even deleted 49ers playback from my inventory. Ive Deleted and reinstalled madden 20. Even changed my favorite team to chiefs, but it doesn't matter it still shows up as the 49ers. This makes MUT completely unplayable. It also happens in challenges
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? playbook.
What happens when the bug occurs? can't change my playbook.
What do you expect to see? A different playbook

Which console generation do you have? XBOX One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Glutar Bot
Date/time issue occurred 8-3-19 3pm
Which part of the mode? Seasons
Summarize your bug The playbook remains as 49ers none no matter what I do. I have even deleted 49ers playback from my inventory. Ive Deleted and reinstalled madden 20. Even changed my favorite team to chiefs, but it doesn't matter it still shows up as the 49ers. This makes MUT completely unplayable. It also happens in challenges
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look in playbook
What happens when the bug occurs? can't change from 49ers playbook.
What do you expect to see? another playbook

Its based off the jerseys for me. Whatever team jersey i were thats whose playbook i get 

Message 26 of 44 (3,266 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

The team is aware of this and it could potentially be due to the preferred playbook settings overriding the MUT playbook. So far, it looks like these steps below should help get it fixed for you while it's being investigated:

1. Go to Settings from the Madden 20 main menu (outside of MUT)>Settings>Settings>Game Options and change the playbook setting to the team you want
  2. If that does not work, try changing the uniform in MUT.

Blueberry.png
Message 27 of 44 (3,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So for me it now also happened on PS4. I used a variety of playbooks on offense before and it worked like it should, but now I used the alternate west coast one, didnt like it to much so I put the patriots back on, while wearing stealers jerseys (bc i was doing their theme king). Well suddenly after changing playbooks I had the steelers playbook in game. I tried the jersey thing and changed them around and the off playbook changed to the one that was the one of the team I had wore the jerseys of (did not check defense). I then changed it in the menu to offense being patriots playbook and since then I have the pat playbook in game in mut again, doesnt matter the jerseys.

But still fix this asap pls

Message 28 of 44 (3,202 Views)

my offensive playbook won’t change

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 8/15/19
Which part of the mode? Solo Challenges
Summarize your bug When I logged on MUT I was playing the house rules event, using the west coast playbook with all of the formations,singleback, i form, strong, near, far, gun pistol, goal line, Hail Mary, and special teams. when I logged on the next day to play the theme diamonds there were only five formations, singleback, gun, pistol, goaline, and special teams. I don’t know what happened but the formations were cut in half and gun bunch is not there when it’s supposed to be. I sold my other playbooks to make sure it wasn’t just the game mixing them up and it was still the same amount of five formations with not the correct formations. Can someone please help me
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you go on my account and look in my lineup west coast it equipped but when I go into a game, it is not the west coast playbook with the wrong formations
What happens when the bug occurs? The formations cut in half from ten to five.
What do you expect to see? All of the formations, single back, I form, strong, pistol, far, near, gun, Hail Mary, goaline, and special teams.

The first two photos is what the playbook is supposed to look like and the last one is my messed up playbook.

Message 29 of 44 (3,146 Views)

★ Novice

Hey I’m having the sameness problem with the west coast offense it’s messed up and won’t change if a equip another playbook 

Message 30 of 44 (3,151 Views)