Re: Offense accessibility suggestion for madden

by superflyscouser

Original Post

Offense accessibility suggestion for madden

★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
I want to talk about something you don't mention above: The passing system in madden.
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Basically, throwing at the moment is entirely random.
How is this making it more difficult? It makes it almost impossible to play competetively, or even at higher levels of AI.
How can we reproduce this experience? Close your eyes and try to pass during an online match. How often do your passes succeed? I know that seems to be said a lot, but that really is the benchmark to test accessibility at least for people who are totally blind. Even if you hit the pass, ask yourself what it was based on? 9/10 of the time it's pure luck.

My suggestion is a tone for each button, or even a set of numbers between 1/100 the player can attach to the button. So A could be 52, B 4, etc etc. At this point it's not about needing to know exactly who we're passing to, and more needing to pass to the most open player on the field when you play offense instead of throwing casual interceptions. If no one is open that's fine, that's a risk you either take or toss the ball whatever, but it would give us a better understanding of the field and who we're throwing to. (In this case less a position and more an open man)

Message 1 of 2 (1,933 Views)

Re: Offense accessibility suggestion for madden

★★ Novice
@ahmadabukhdair1
I can totally relate with this statement and totally agree with it .
from what I experienced over the weekend was very impressed it has turned my thoughts around towards this company . with the strides they are making over their competition to make their games accessible should be applauded.
With a few tweaks here and there they will be the pioneers of accessibility in mainstream gaming. Little tweaks like making the play book and tactics accessible via screen reader
also as suggested some cues to let us know which players are available or what play the opposition is doing
and making the player names and ratings available while viewing the players card in certain modes apart from that everything else is brilliant
Can't wait to get my hands on the finished game
Message 2 of 2 (1,858 Views)