Re: Odd Jobs On Saved Sims From Other Saves Break Career Panel UI

by GreenRocket

Original Post

Odd Jobs On Saved Sims From Other Saves Break Career Panel UI

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs to date, all game packs to date, and Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal Stuff, Country Kitchen, and Bust The Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This can be recreated with any sim, but to recreate the bug from scratch, do the following: 1) Create a new save game with a new sim. Traits and whatnot do not matter. Move them in anywhere, in any world. 2) Make the sim get an Odd Job gig. Doesn't matter what type or what one, but don't complete it. 3) Go into Create-A-Sim on that sim (via cheats or a standard mirror interaction) to save them to your Library or Gallery. 4) Leave that save game, exiting to the main menu. Create a new save. Either use the latest saved version of the sim you just gave the Odd Job, or make a new sim. Move them in anywhere. If you moved in a brand new sim, then also move in the latest saved version of the sim here. 5) Go to the previously saved sim's career panel, and click the trash can button by the Odd Job.
What happens when the bug occurs? On both modded and unmodded saves, the trash can button will not work whatsoever to get rid of the Odd Job. It will do nothing, and not add the cancel action to the action queue. The Odd Job will also have no actual information, just generic placeholder text. (See attachment 1) The job can still be cancelled by the phone, but the job's entry in the career panel will not immediately go away. (See attachment 2) Clicking on different UI elements on the sim's panel should get it to eventually disappear, but there will also be no "Find Job" button as there should be. It will just be completely blank. (See attachment 3) On unmodded saves, this seems to be as far as it goes - a visual bug with the career panel that generates Last UI Exceptions. On modded saves, the effects can be more severe, such as breaking the entire UI of the game and causing a player to use the Task Manager just to close it.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Odd Job to be cancelled and disappear from the career's panel with no issue, and for the trash can button to be functional.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attachments are below. I also have a fourth screenshot of one of the more severe versions of the bug with the entire UI bugging out, but I could not attach that in the same breath as all the other three.

I was able to reproduce this in both modded and unmodded saves, both before and after game repairs, and both before and after backing up my Sims 4 folder and having the game generate a new one on game launch.

Message 1 of 5 (631 Views)

Hero
@99Jordy99 Could you retest this after today's emergency patch ?

Since they fixed the issues with the buttons, it might no longer occur in the same way.

I did notice that the errands save to the gallery and I believe that shouldn't happen. Guess same happens with the odd jobs but maybe with today's patch, the corruption no longer happens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the slow response, but testing it post-patch?

The trash can "Cancel" button now works in terms of cancelling the gig, but the rest of the bug with the missing gig information, the gig not properly deleting instantly once "cancelled", and the career panel UI breaking all still happen. Basically, all things I show in the screenshots still occur. (Tested unmodded on new saves with new sims.)

Message 3 of 5 (592 Views)

Hero
@99Jordy99 OK. thanks for testing.

I'll check if I can duplicate later

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This also happens with a Self-Employed Sim who takes an odd job. As soon as the odd job is finished, the career panel goes completely blank, with the custom self-employed text gone. If I take a regular job, the career will show up, but as soon as I quit the career, the career panel is completely blank again.  Tested on a vanilla save with a brand new Sim.  I can try to re-register the odd job, but the panel remains blank.  

As long as they don't take odd jobs, Self Employed Sims are fine, the custom description shows up properly.

Sorry, I know this is a slightly different issue, but it's so similar that I thought I would post it here. I hope that's all right.

Message 5 of 5 (535 Views)