Octane stim bug (Can't draw weapon)

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BongRipASMR
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Airbase, climbing the small ledge around/underneath the platform which has the plane on it
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Climbing a ledge whilst trying to stim (Q) and holster weapon
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Don't remember. Maybe 2?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 7.04.19 20:15(maybe not sure) (UTC+12)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When you're stimmed and climb a ledge (but possibly other ways that I'm not aware of), OR stim straight after climbing a ledge like in my situation, you cannot draw a weapon/shoot/attack/interact with items until the stim ends, which takes about 6 seconds as far as I'm aware, so all you can do is run around/crouch/slide until it ends while you get shot at and die.
What should be happening instead? Should be able to draw weapon/fire/melee/interact with objects while stimmed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stim before/during/after climbing a ledge, try holstering/unholster weapon before and after climbing ledge as that may be a part of it too possibly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/bai1d3/octane_stim_bug_cant_draw_weapon/?

Should be lots of info in that post hopefully.

Message 11 of 26 (2,327 Views)

Bug With Octane

★★★★ Novice

If you use octanes Stim while still on "rope/line" without having weapons in hand u will be stuck without being able to change weapons! just happened to me.
Once stim ran out i was able to change weapons agian... but i died cause i already took to much dmg.

Message 1 of 26 (2,285 Views)

Re: Bug With Octane

★★★★★ Novice

i play octane all the time, but i never had this problem or experience .  one thing i found a problem with octane is when during stem , most bullets wont register means hit reg problem.

Message 2 of 26 (2,250 Views)

Can't equip/swap weapons during Octane's Stim sometimes.

★★ Apprentice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number RX 480
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? jabroltar
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. engaging enemy at slum
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using Octane's Stim
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to equip weapon after using Octane's Stim barehanded, I can't equip/swap weapons until Stim runs out. Happened for me with a shotgun on slot 2, if that makes any difference.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to equip weapons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Octane's Stim barehanded, try to swap weapon. Normally it'll let you but sometimes you can't.

When I try to equip weapon after using Octane's Stim barehanded sometimes, I can't equip/swap weapons until Stim runs out.

Happened for me with a shotgun on slot 2 if that makes any difference.

Message 3 of 26 (2,263 Views)

Re: Can't equip/swap weapons during Octane's Stim sometimes.

Message 4 of 26 (2,254 Views)

Cant pull out my gun!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number attached
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? EphysaurTTV
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith and Bangalore
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Skull town
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Killing People
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Its been happening for a while now
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2.04.2019 about 12:30-ish AM
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't pull my gun out when I need to or when sometimes I'm on Octanes Stim, Q.
What should be happening instead? I should have my gun pull out quickly.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a video that shows moments that, I should have my gun pulled out by that time but it didn't.

Message 5 of 26 (2,255 Views)

Re: Cant pull out my gun!

Community Manager

@EphysaurTTV 

Thanks for the video. From what I saw in the clip it looks like there was a delay when you switched to the Spitfire. Does this happen every time you use your stim?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 26 (2,245 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Doesn't happen every time but when it does it can get quite annoying.

Message 7 of 26 (2,233 Views)

Community Manager

Try right-clicking on the game in Origin and select "Repair." See if that helps. Have you tried a reinstall yet to see if that could possibly correct this? I haven't seen too many reports like this, so it might be due to a corrupted update.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 26 (2,231 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep sure I'll do that. Here's another one from a famous streamer because of Octane's stim as well

Message 9 of 26 (2,206 Views)