Octane Launch Pad double jump bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 960
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? diversiak
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was running through the bunker and jumped or slided into an octane launch pad
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? ~10
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.09.2020 ~12:40 CET
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I was running through the bunker and jumped or slided (I don't remember) into an octane launch pad, then because of a ceiling I hit it with my head so I didn't jump high. After it when I run further I was jumping and realised I can jump twice all the time, because of that launch pad which looked weird and bugged. But the high was probably the same, I wasn't higher, just jumping twicely on the same high, also the sound was as after using second jump
What should be happening instead? Double jump on a launch pad shouldn't work all the time and even once after I hit the ground
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As I described higher. Try to use the launch pad in tight spaces where you hit the ceiling after the jump.

Unfortunately I don't have any evidence but that should be reproductive.

Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

Re: Octane Launch Pad double jump bug

★★★ Newbie

Same type of thing happened to me. Everyone knows about the Octane bounce pad bug, where it doesn’t bounce you like it should, but there is a new one related to that. If you slide or move into the jump pad, sometimes this new bug will happen. It makes the frame rates of the game go down by a lot, because whenever you jump or slide it thinks you are double jumping, but you aren’t. It becomes really annoying because it get laggy and  the bounce pad noise is constantly Blaring in my ears. I play on Xbox.

Message 2 of 2 (121 Views)