by SongSoprana

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] [W] [GTW] Going to work as occult randomizes work outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them the except eco-lifestyle and journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1)Have a sim be an occult with a second form (Vampire, werewolves, etc.) 2) Have them join a career. 3)Have them transform to their second form such as the dark form for vampires 4)Career outfits will be randomized P.S. Trying to fix via cheats using modify career outfits temporarily fixes it, however upon transformation to second form; it randomizes it again
What happens when the bug occurs? Career outfits become randomized
What do you expect to see? Career outfits to not be randomized upon occult sim's transformation to dark form or werewolf form
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.89.214.1030

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form by answers given, Added tags, adjusted title

Message 1 of 13 (4,071 Views)

Re: Occults with second forms break career outfits.

Hero
@SongSoprana Does it matter which career ? There was an issue for mermaids that got fixed a while ago but I think it wasn't every career.

Do you still have issues with mermaids too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict I tested it with multiple careers that has outfits such as military officer and business. Also I tested it with mermaids and they seem to be fine. The occults that mainly break it are aliens, vampires, and werewolves when they switch to their second form. 

Message 3 of 13 (3,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having this happen with my werewolf sim in the scientist career from Get to Work. After her first transformation she did not change into her career outfit when going to work.

I haven't tested it with other sims in other careers.

In case its helpful - I have every expansion/game pack/stuff pack except for DHD and MWS. No kits except for Decor the the Max.

Message 4 of 13 (3,963 Views)

Sim going to work at Active Career in random clothes

★★★ Newbie

My sim is a Cadet in the Detective path. Upon arrivng at work the first day she wasn't in uniform and instead was wearing the every day outfit for her werewolf form. I was using the UI Cheats Extension mod, so I thought this might have caused it. I reverted to a save from before the mod was installed and deactivated scripts and mods. Replayed to her going to the first day and it persisted. How can I get her to wear the proper career clothes?

Message 5 of 13 (3,870 Views)

Re: Sim going to work at Active Career in random clothes

Hero
@Jesstin86 I merged your post with the bug report. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (3,836 Views)

Re: [V] [W] [GTW] Going to work as occult randomizes work outfit

★★ Novice

I assume that this is related to the bug I reported that werewolf actors always appear naked except in some specific circumstances.

In general all work clothes, even the ones for passive careers which the sim wear before they walk out do not seem to work properly with werewolf forms.

Message 7 of 13 (3,802 Views)

Re: [V] [W] [GTW] Going to work as occult randomizes work outfit

Hero
@Ixal Could be but I guess for the moment it's better to leave it separate as you said it works for some.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (3,774 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] [W] [GTW] Going to work as occult randomizes work outfit

★★★ Guide

I'm having this problem as well. I noticed that when modifying the career outfits with werewolves, clothing unlocked through careers will not be put on to the beast form and if you try to use the career outfits it will randomize next time the werewolf shifts. The strange thing is that if you apply career unlocked clothing in regular CAS, it works normal. It's only when trying to change the career outfit that the career unlocked clothing get bugged out. It's frustrating as I have to find alternative clothing options that are close to the original outfit in order for it to work. Some careers, like the detective career, is hard to substitute clothing that will work.

Message 9 of 13 (3,074 Views)

Occult Sims Not Wearing Proper Work Attire At Work

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Seasons, The Sims 4 Discover University, The Sims 4 Realm of Magic, The Sims 4 Vampires, The Sims 4 Werewolves Game Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become an occult sim (a vampire specifically in my case) and go to work at a job, currently my sim is in the medicine career from Get To Work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of wearing their proper work attire the sim goes to work in a seemingly randomly generated outfit, when they are promoted they will wear their new work attire they obtained from their promotion at home until you change out of it, but they will never wear it again afterwards.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim at work in their proper work attired as they look out of place dressed as a random townie while everyone else is wearing lab coats and scrubs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Before my sim was turned into a vampire he properly wore his work attire, the issue seemingly happened after he got his next promotion while also being a vampire.  My thought is it has something to do with the work attire not properly being registered as part of his outfits in his vampire form but that is just me guessing.

Message 10 of 13 (2,410 Views)