by tacocatlizard

Original Post

Objects disappearing from unplayed/unoccupied residential lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get together, Island Living, Seasons, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, the free Holiday stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, I've only noticed it with my two most recent saves. When I load in from completely having the game closed. It seems that its worlds you have played in, with lots that are with unplayed sims or no one lives there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Furniture from various lots in the world will be gone from them. So far it appears to just be residential (or apartments) and from worlds that I have lived in but not necessarily the lots I've lived in.
What do you expect to see? Furniture in unplayed definitely pre-furnished homes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

One of the saves is a downloaded save from another player, but the other isn't. I have spouts of playing the sims on end for months and completely forgetting that it exists so its possible it happened after a patch but I don't remember which one, it started happening in the downloaded save but I brushed it off because I thought I was mis-remembering or something went wrong with just that save. But its a download from a youtuber and I know some of the lots were uploaded with furniture and once it happened in the other save I figured it was a bug. A lot of those lots were empty (I filled them in and that furniture has stayed but they also have "played" households in them), so far in my other save only the apartment complex that my sim used to live in is empty, its a four apartment building, two of which I took the furniture out of, the other I have a played household in and it still has objects. The other one is empty from map view (but furnished once a sim moves in with the option to move in furnished.) When I logged in the next day it was gone from map view (one of the apartments I took furniture from was still showing as furnished). With houses so far I've noticed it when I go from manage worlds or move a sim in its empty or only has the unfurnished option. Its random, its not all of the lots in the world just sometimes they aren't there anymore. It also seems to be after a sim year or two.
 Side: I use MOO and other in game cheats, I haven't played with mods or CC in over a year and have the option disabled, I have the "fill empty homes" checked.

I know there was a closed thread for apartments but this is apartments and houses. And the other ' Items disappear after reloading the game/travelling (no moo)' isn't the same because its all the objects not just a couple.

Message 2 of 4 (649 Views)

Re: furniture is disappearing from unoccupied residential lots

Hero
@tacocatlizard You said the apartment never had a Sim living there. Is there any possibility a family moved in and later died in the house ?

You say you still see the furniture was still showing up, did you enter the lots in build mode or try to move in and it said they were only available unfurnished ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 4 (647 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm 90% sure they didnt have a family living there, from map view it shows them as unfurnished I just tested with a sim and one of them only had the unfurnished option for moving in the other had the furnished option, showed no objects from map but is furnished. The unfurnished only option is the apartment my sim used to live in and also big brain fart move on my part I did bring the furniture with me when I moved but it still showed on map until a little bit ago. 

Message 3 of 4 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tacocatlizard I merged your posts over from the other thread. So all info is in one place and we can continue troubleshooting here.

There is this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Can-t-move-into-furnished-homes-as-value-is-0/td-p/5743... that seems to have shifted a bit in what's happening with the latest patches so I'm wondering if that's what's happening in your game.

Could you read the last few reports and let me know if it could be related to your issue ? It's a bit different.

Was all the furniture in the inventory ? It's possible that the map picture didn't update right away. The one you can only rent unfurnished is the one you took the stuff with you ? Is the picture from that lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (608 Views)