Obi-wan Kenobi Stuck in his Force Push animation.

by cosmo31315

Original Post

Obi-Wan Getting Stuck During All-Out Push Animation

★★★★★ Expert

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug It happened once to me, I was using all-out push and then I remained stuck charging even after releasing the ability's button
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RogueZeroRendar
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 02/27/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I still have no idea, but Palpatine was fighting with me.
What happens when the bug occurs? It locks you in the charging animation and you get stuck
What do you expect to see? Not getting stuck, nor lockewd in the animation
Please select your region Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Video evidence will come later

Message 1 of 6 (799 Views)

Obi-wan Kenobi Stuck in his Force Push animation.

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug -Before I begin discussing this I was not the one who got this issue it was someone else who showed a clip of it happening on their Xbox One console, therefore, I am reporting this bug for them.- Obi-wan is stuck in his force push animation when holding the button.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After seeing the clip it looks like the only ability that makes this happen is the Obi-Wan Force Push.
What happens when the bug occurs? Obi is stuck in the animation and can't move, just like Anakin getting stuck in his, and just like General Grievous getting stuck in his crab ability in the past.
What do you expect to see? None of these abilities to get you stuck in an animation frame, this is just sad to see it happen on OTHER heroes who didn't have the issue before.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

The video clip of the bug can be located in this link https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b32eri/every_single_time_i_played_as_obiwan/

Message 2 of 6 (752 Views)

Re: Obi-wan Kenobi Stuck in his Force Push animation.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I opened a previous report on this issue, you can find it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Obi-Wan-Getting-Stuck-During-All-Out-Push-Animation/m-p/759351...

I suggest focusing efforts there as a single report is usually better for the devs then multiple reports on the same BUG.

I also have video evidence but I'm not with the time to edit the video to bring it here yet, but it's similar to Anakin's Heroic Might getting Stuck. Thanks for the video evidence on this though, it certainly helps a lot. And in the video you brought it's the same trigger as in mine: Palpatine. Next time I do my round of tests I'll try to reproduce this on purpose in Arcade Splitscreen. I managed to do with Anakin already, but not Obi.

Message 3 of 6 (747 Views)

Hello @cosmo31315 and thanks for reporting this! I've moved your post into this already existing thread to get more attention from the developers.

Also, thanks @RogueZeroRendar for linking the thread! I didn't know it already had a thread on its own.

Message 4 of 6 (721 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Had this happen twice yesterday; however, Kylo came in after I was stuck and froze me.  Once he attacked me, it "unlocked" my animation and all was back to normal.

Message 5 of 6 (687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

All these stuck bugs can be fixed by getting affected by a staggering, immobilizing, or forced movement effect (save a few exceptions, usually due to bad map collision). This is true for this bug, for anakin's stuck heroic might too (but it takes some time until he can be freed after getting stuck), for the dodge stuck bug as well, for vader's eternal choke, and more.

Message 6 of 6 (684 Views)