Obi-Wan's All-Out Push Stuck Sound BUG

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Obi-Wan's All-Out Push Stuck Sound BUG

★★★★★ Expert

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Obi's Push may leave its sound effect behind, stuck in the character. Wherever he goes, the sound follows.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RogueZeroRendar
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? Many dates
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Many times
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. I suggest charging his push and using an enemy to knock him off, maybe that will trigger it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Obi-Wan's character gets this sound stuck on him, wherever he goes the sound follows.
What do you expect to see? The sound ending when the skill stops.
Please select your region Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I had one of the best HvV matches of my life recently, and in that I experienced a multitude of BUGs. This is one of them. Following is the Video. The timestamps for this BUG are: 10:20, 30:15

Message 1 of 16 (1,128 Views)

Obi-Wan's All Out Push: Sound and Input bug

★★★ Pro

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug At times, Obi-Wan's All Out Push ability will leave a lingering noise (until death or the next activation of the ability). This is directly connected to an input bug: only pressing LB without charging the ability will result in a full charge anyway. If this happens, the sound bug also happens.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Obi-Wan's All Out Push, but only by pressing the ability button, not by holding & charging it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ability gets out of the player's control, and charges to full power anyway. A lingering bothersome sound will remain if this happens.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe

Video. Relevant after 0:15. You can see a fully charged Push, but that was never my intention, I simply pressed LB for the quick version. Sound gets corrupted right after, and only stops after my death - re-using the ability after its cooldown would also solve it.

Additionally, the Give It All Star Card is active - even that could be the source of the bug. I haven't yet tested this without it.

Message 2 of 16 (1,102 Views)

Re: Obi-Wan's All-Out Push Stuck Sound BUG

Community Manager (retired)
Thanks!

I've also sent this to the team

/Ataashi
Message 3 of 16 (1,077 Views)

Re: Obi-Wan's All Out Push: Sound and Input bug

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @felker_s

I've moved your post here, to gather more examples for our team in one place.

Thanks for the report! Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 16 (1,072 Views)

★★★ Pro

@EA_Ataashi

Thanks, and sorry, forgot to search before posting.

Message 5 of 16 (1,064 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I was reviewing a video on my channel and I found a perfect moment of this bug happening now on Obi-Wan's player client version:

Before I had the footage hearing the bug stuck on obi-wan which was controlled by another player, now this footage shows the bug stuck on obi which is the character controlled by the player who recorded his match. One thing we noticed comparing videos is that this BUG may occur in one client and not in another, or it may occur on both at the same time, independently of who controls obi.

Message 6 of 16 (989 Views)

All out push sound effect bug

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug When the ability is canceled, the sound effect continues forever until you use the ability again
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GEORGE9733
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the all out push ability, but then it being canceled by an attack, causes the sound effect to go on even when the ability is on cooldown
What happens when the bug occurs? The sound effect of the ability continues to rise in intensity as if the ability was being charged, tjis goes on until the ability is used successfully again. Other players can hear the sound effect as well if they are near Obi-wan
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America

I have experienced this bug myself every time the ability gets cancelled, 100% of the time. I have also witnessed other players encounter this bug as well. It is very common in my experience and quite annoying since the sound effect grows louder and is constant. 

Message 7 of 16 (952 Views)

Re: All out push sound effect bug

Hello @VonDoom66 and thanks for reporting in!

By coincidence, I've encountered and recorded this bug yesterday and uploaded a video of it. This is the video below in this post.

I didn't know what caused it until I saw your post.

On a side note, the continuous sound also happens with flametroopers, as described in this very old post. Never did I hear the continues sound myself when playing as the flametrooper, but only when someone else was the flametrooper. Maybe this bug is cause by a similar action? (that being, the overload being cancelled by an attack? Is that possible?)

Message 8 of 16 (936 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I've reported this already here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Obi-Wan-s-All-Out-Push-Stuck-Sound-BUG/m-p/7288905#M20759

Let's focus on a single report, or else we will flood this in no time. This BUG happens ALL the time, every match with an obi-wan will have this BUG hapening

Message 9 of 16 (918 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This BUG is still present as of Dooku's January 23rd Patch Update

Message 10 of 16 (803 Views)