ORigin friends list bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number na
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? superspacettv
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. none
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. logging into origin
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? cannot play with anyone on friends list.
What should be happening instead? friends should see me online
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i have no idea

cannot play with freinds. cannot be seen online by friends. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,421 Views)

Re: ORigin friends list bug

Community Manager

Hi @SuperSpaceTTV

Are you still running into this same issue with your friends not seeing you? Are these friends who are also on Origin, or are you trying to play with them through cross-play? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 18 (1,392 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m having similar issues with friends list bug and unable to play Apex on PS4. 

Message 3 of 18 (1,390 Views)

Community Manager

@notwootnik 

Can you give me a bit more information on what's been happening? Are your friends on PS4 just not seeing you online at all? Are these friends who are also on PS4, or are you trying to cross-play with friends on a different platform? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 18 (1,368 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hey kent, I'm having the same issue on ps4. So, yesterday i added a friend who's playing on PC, i play on ps4. We played several matches yesterday without issues. However, today, even though he's online, i can't find him on my friends list,so does he. We searched for each other again to send a new friend request, thinking that somehow we got deleted from each other but we appear added. It only gives us the option to "remove EA friend". So we tried removing and sending a new friend request but if we don't restart the app we don't receive them. After accepting each other's friend request, we again appear as added friends but still we don't show up in each other's list. So we can't play together.

I read other forums stating that if 2 accounts are linked to the same EA account, it is not possible to add them, however, this is not the case. We both have our accounts linked to different EA accounts, and as i wrote earlier, yesterday we played several matches without issues.
Message 5 of 18 (1,366 Views)

Community Manager

@Privmiller 

Thanks for the info!

That's definitely odd. Can we try out some troubleshooting to see if that helps at all? When you've got a chance I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still running into the same issues afterward, check out the PS4-specific steps as well. 

Let me know if you or your friend are still unable to see each other online after that. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 18 (1,338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey!

Well i don't know what happened, but we can now play together again. Didn't do anything different. Looks like the friends requests are working fine now. As such as the invites. The only minor thing that still happens is that if crossplatform friends are not connected, they don't appear in the friends list, as if we are not friends at all. However, when they are connected, they do appear, and can receive/send invites and join lobby without issues. As i said, it doesn't affect gameplay at all, but just wanted to let you know.

Thanks again! 

Message 7 of 18 (1,334 Views)

Community Manager

@Privmiller 

Thanks! I appreciate the update. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 18 (1,315 Views)

★ Novice

It's actually not fixed yet. I too play on ps4 and the issue is that there are ps friends and origin friends. I can't see my origin friends and if I see them then for like one minute. And yes I mean the blue names. Pls. fix it

Message 9 of 18 (1,127 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @HacksUser

Were you able to try running through the steps in the link in my previous post? Are you still getting the same issue after that? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 18 (1,110 Views)