[OPEN] [OR] Sim can't light campfire if other sims are sitting on connected sofa

by KatastrophicSim

Original Post

[OPEN] [OR] Sim can't light campfire if other sims are sitting on connected sofa

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work. Get together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Island Living, Eco Lifestyle, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Connect sofas to the fire, have a sim sit on the sofas and try and get another sim to light it. They won't.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim lighting the fire acts as if the person sitting behind her is in the way when she is clearly not.
What do you expect to see? The sim lighting the fire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As seen in the picture, the sim is literally standing in front of her yet the sim sitting behind her is somehow in the way of her lighting the fire. 

I haven't played in a while so I'm not sure how long this issue has been a thing. This kind of bug ruins the game so I probably won't play again for another few months.

See you then when I get a new bug and need to report it! <3

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 15 (2,473 Views)

Re: Sim can't light fire if other sims are sitting by the campfire on sofa chair

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Wait, why the hell is my post in here? My issue has nothing to do with sims catching on fire all the time. Yeah, that does happen but that's not the issue i'm complaining about. Please separate the issues or I will repost my concern.

Message 2 of 15 (2,355 Views)

Re: Sim can't light fire if other sims are sitting by the campfire on sofa chair

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatastrophicSim Sorry, since I thought you just reposted cause you posted in both threads.Guess i wasn't fully awake :D

Been happening too much lately (the reposting) 

EDIT: Need to do further testing tomorrow. Works fine for me. I assume it happens for you too when not in a weenie roast ?

EDIT EDIT: Guess I shouldnt' try this in a thunderstorm

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (2,318 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict That's alright, happens to the best of us.
But yes, completely different issues. Or maybe not? Maybe the fact there were two fires beforehand plays into it? or the fact its a weenie party?

Also, it happened on the other side as well, there was a sim sitting in the middle slot on the other sofa and she said that sim was in the way before that sim moved, and now THIS sim is somehow in the way.

Perhaps the other sims are stuck in an autonomous loop of trying to use the campfire but can't because it isn't lit, so my sim thinks she can't use it because its being used even though that isn't the case.
Message 4 of 15 (2,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatastrophicSim I think the issue was the thunderstorm. The sim has already decided to run back inside when the other Sim decided to light the fire so it worked.

I retested on a game without thunderstorm and I can duplicate this there

Guess just another routing issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (2,298 Views)

Multiple Sims can't use fireplace if there are benches slotted

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 188.213.1030 The latest patch with the pronouns
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Paranormal Stuff and Modern Menswear Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go with at least 3 Sims to Granite Falls and let all your Sims grill by one of the fireplaces in the worlds where ONLY benches/wood-ottomans are attached, or go to build mode and buy a fireplace and put 3 benches around them, no chairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? If more than one Sim is sitting on the benches, then no one can put on a fire or grill. Look at the photos I attached, they show it pretty clearly. Sim A, Sim B and Sim C are sitting around a premade fireplace in Granite Falls. I tell Sim A to put on a fire, but he stands up, waves and tells me, that Sim B is in the way. (Picture 1) So I send Sim B away and tell Sim A again to light the fire. He stands up again, waves and tells me that Sim C is now in the way. (Picture 2) When I send away Sim C, then finally Sim A can light the fire and grill Marshmallows, because no one else is sitting around the fireplace anymore. But the other Sims can't join him. I tried and told Sim C to grill too, but he just waves and tells me that the already grilling Sim A is in the way. (Picture 3) Single chairs around the fireplace don't seem to have this problem, because Sims will sit in the chairs and grill together, or they would even prefer to sit on the floor to grill if no more single chairs are available, but they refuse to use the benches together around the fireplace. I have removed my Modsfolder and started a fresh save for testing purpuses.
What do you expect to see? I expect that more than one Sim can use the fireplace at the same time, if there are multiple benches/ottomans around it, just like it worked before. The premade fireplaces in Granite Falls with the wooden ottomans (like the one in the pictures) are now pretty useless, if more than one Sims want to grill there. I would really like to be able to use these again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Picture 1:

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2:

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 3:

Picture 3.jpg

Message 6 of 15 (2,163 Views)

Re: Multiple Sims can't use fireplace if there are benches slotted

★★ Guide

Thank you @crinrict for merging my Bug Report with this existing one. Sorry, I didn't see it before. Standard smile

Message 7 of 15 (2,097 Views)

Hero
@MissLjupka No prob Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (2,094 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem, which makes trying to get gold during the weenie roast event impossible. I can't light a fire, play guitar, nothing if another (that I can control or not) sim is already sitting down in one of the slotted spots.

Message 9 of 15 (1,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I'm having the same issue. It's just as @MissLjupka so excellently describes in her post. This is particularly frustrating in Chestnut Ridge because we can't edit those campfires that are in the world (that top left corner neighbourhood on the world map, can't remember the name right now) and they can't be used by more than one sim right now. If there's another sim sitting or napping on one of the benches, it's not possible to do anything with the campfire.

edit

(About the topic of this thread: maybe replace "fireplace" with campfire so people can find this thread? I had trouble finding the correct thread because in my mind 'fireplaces' are those fixed indoor fireplaces. Perhaps @crinrict could help? Sorry to bother though!) 

Message 10 of 15 (1,317 Views)