[BY DESIGN] "Set as Front Door" Problems

by Ethyrdude

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Outside doors cannot be picked as front on elevated foundations

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BryonyRaeHi, as I wrote im my edit before, the solution for me was to rearrange my lot and set the house lengthwise (rotate it 90 degree) according to the other houses in the street. It works so far Wink I usually don´t upload my houses so this shouldn´t be a problem.

The point is that the bug still exists. After you can download my lot and set the front door and it didn´t change during gameplay it has to be the way I build the house. 

Maybe you or someone else could test it in his own save and start a house on "Sreamlet Single" (lengthwise) with only a front door and than move it to "Bargain Bend" lot (widthwise) and set a back door, veranda and staircase too. If the front door automatically changes to the back door during gameplay we know there is a bug.

Greetings

Jo 

Message 31 of 44 (2,710 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Outside doors cannot be picked as front on elevated foundations

Hero (Retired)

Yes, I already tested and saw that @JochenWeiss, so I've got it listed as an issue on the index for front door problems on this thread.

Message 32 of 44 (2,697 Views)

Re: [OPEN] "Set as Front Door" Problems

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I can confirm the front door bug. Below you can see when a door is placed on floor two as an example. Then you can see another home with no problems at all because the door is on the first floor. Many of my lots are ruined now with this particular bug. I tried removing walls, windows, even removing the doors entirely. It will not allow me to select a different door to place as the front door if the one I want as a front door is on floor 2 or higher. Currently for me it is only working properly if the door is on the bottom level of the home only. Wasn't sure what was going on so searched and this post came up. I do not know what broke in the game this time to cause front doors to break in this manner. I can only hope that the devs fix this issue at some point. Last patch had no fixes for it. Perhaps they don't know what is causing it either. Thank you for posting it so what if more people are having this issue, they can see it's just a bug. 

EDIT- First photo shows floor 2 for the entry. Second photo shows floor one for the entry which has no issues. The first picture on floor two is the problematic one on every lot I have of this type currently.

Message 33 of 44 (2,672 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As of the 3/8/18 patch, "Set as Front Door" now works properly for elevated entrances.  The front door setting does still change for builds placed on a lot with a different orientation (i.e. 30x20 vs. 20x30).  

Message 34 of 44 (2,602 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BryonyRae

Regarding the front door changing when placing it on a lot with a different orientation, I heard that this is by design.  The front door is set to whichever door is closest to the street, but you can manually set a different door to be the front door afterward.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 35 of 44 (15,879 Views)

★ Guide
@BryonyRaeEthyrdude Thanks, your info was very helpful to me. I had the same problem but went into the build mode (during the play mode) and moved the house one tile. The resident was able to 'set as front door' afterwards.
Message 36 of 44 (2,446 Views)

Re: Outside doors cannot be picked as front on elevated foundations

★★★★★ Novice

Would it hurt us so if they just offered set as front door on all doors regardless? It might make an extra step for those who don’t specifically set something they expect to already work, but then for those of us that can’t get it to work it would be the ultimate solution. That would offer up more build options as well, with people being able to create front doors in any part of the build. Might be wacky if someone wanted an actual inside door to become the front, but I’m not judging someone else’s game play! I’ve done everything possible to make my front door work and other than removing my entire front deck and pergola, it’s a no. And the point in the front deck and pergola is that I want it. Yeah.... why should we not be able to have a front deck just because we also want a raised foundation?

Message 37 of 44 (2,418 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm currently experiencing an issue similar to this as well. This is my house:

09-09-19_1-29-55 AM.png

As you can see, where the front door is there are columns around the porch but no fencing. This is because whenever I try to add a fence around the porch, I can no longer set those main doors as the front door.

09-09-19_1-31-52 AM.png

This is what I want the house to ideally look like, with the porch wrapping around the house and fencing to close it off, but the game doesn't let me do this. As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with the orientation of the lot or it being an elevated entry. As soon as I delete the fencing, the glitch goes away.

It's also weird because I have other doors leading into the house that don't experience this issue, like this one:

09-09-19_1-43-01 AM.png

And the house even has a little shed with a door that doesn't experience this issue.

09-09-19_1-43-56 AM.png

So it seems to only affect the front door and I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. I hate having to delete the fencing because I've had this build for years and only started experiencing these front door issues in the last couple months.

Message 38 of 44 (2,372 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update: I realized the bug only occurs when the fence is placed by stairs. If the house looks like this, set as front door works just fine:

09-09-19_10-05-37 PM.png

But as soon as I add a fence by the steps...

09-09-19_10-05-59 PM.png

This causes the set as front door option to disappear. This bug doesn't occur with the back door like I mentioned earlier, but the front door entryway is also a tile bigger so maybe that's what's causing it.

Message 39 of 44 (2,339 Views)

Hero
@R13n3 Sounds a bit different than the by design issue we have here.

Could you make a new thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 44 (2,328 Views)