Re: Cant Build in Apartments

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, me and building .. not a good combination :D

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 118 (8,692 Views)

★★ Pro

I wonder if this is related to the issue of objects disappearing on the lower level of multi-floor apartments when the upstairs is open to the ground floor? Seems like it could be to me.

Message 12 of 118 (8,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Alright, thank you! 

I was able to get around it eventually and finish the build I was attempting but it certainly took some doing. Looking forward to a fix. Standard smile

Edit: just a quick edit to mention I got around it by rebuilding the wall a few times over and then finally demolishing it by holding ctrl on the wall tool.

Message 13 of 118 (8,643 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I was able to reproduce the "Not expanded to Ops" error both when deleting and trying to build walls in my game, but I was able to bulldoze without any hang-ups.  As Crin mentioned, when a particular spot gives the error, building in an adjacent one that doesn't seems to then resolve the error with the original spot, so there is a bit of a workaround by doing that, but it certainly makes building way more laborious than it should be!  Adding to our list.

Message 14 of 118 (8,558 Views)

Re: [OPEN] "Not expanded to Ops" when trying to build multilevel apart

★ Novice

I've been experiencing this oroblpr as well. Although I have found a tempitemp solution. You can click the sledgehammer tool and double click the wall you want to delete or spam clicking it several times in a row. I believe this can only delete a wall at a time but I might help for renovations a little bit. 

Message 15 of 118 (8,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was also experiencing this problem on the VIII Landgraab apartment. The solution I found is to put all the walls up and then click on an INTERIOR wall. Make sure it is not one of the walls that is considered part of the exterior. When doing that I was able to clear the whole lot. 

Let me now if this works for you all as well.

I hope the Sims team notices this though, as it is a rather frustrating bug.

Message 16 of 118 (8,416 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

The same thing happens to me when playing the VII Landgrab apartment.. it doesn't happen anywhere else though

Message 17 of 118 (8,059 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me too and i cant find any other mentions of it online. Is there still no fix?

Message 18 of 118 (8,029 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
As having an older Mac, I've always had problems with games including the Sims 4. But I just recently began playing the Sims 4 again. While editing the IX Landgraab apartment 2nd floor, every time I endeavored to place flooring or walls, it wouldn't allow me and the "Not expanded to Ops" thing would pop up. I struggled to edit the 2nd floor and eventually gave up. I'm not sure if this issue is in all apartments as this isn't the first apartment I've edited. I hope this problem gets solved as soon as possible, thank you.
Message 19 of 118 (7,953 Views)

★★ Novice

Same for me - really annoying as I'm trying to overhaul every neighbourhood!

Message 20 of 118 (7,803 Views)