by vintagesaturday

Original Post

[OPEN] < 3 Stars celebrities can't attend Award Ceremony

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have celebrity attend accelades
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to enter venue or interact with bouncer
What do you expect to see? Either able to interact with bounce (not grayed out saying 'already have access') or able to enter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is a two star celebrity. Sent to the starlight accalade awards and he won best book. But he was not able to enter venue as it's set to three stars - I know I can change to two stars but I think this may be a bug? When I clicked to interact with bouncer all options were grayed out saying 'you already have access', but then when I tried to send him inside he couldn't walk through. He also went with my other celebrity sim who was four stars but couldn't even bring him in on a 'together' option. I thought it was funny he was nominated and couldn't enter, but thought it was even more strange that it wouldn't let him interact with bouncer at all and still couldn't enter and wanted to share as thought this might affect others as well.

Message 1 of 17 (2,914 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] < 3 Stars celebrities can't attend Award Ceremony

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @vintagesaturday 

We have not been able to reproduce this at our end.

Would you be willing to share your save files with us? 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, did you use any cheat to alter gamplay?

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 17 (2,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I will send my file over, though I only had the award ceremony trigger once. I did cheat to make a sim a celebrity actually if that makes a difference then had them increase fame naturally from there. The other sim in the household also had a cheat to fame and was able to enter, but they were higher stars so I never even thought about how that could be an issue, thanks for pointing that out.

@SimGuruIcarus file here https://drive.google.com/open?id=107VbDyJD17OUjmwBjw8QnLUjGb5xdg1U

Message 4 of 17 (2,759 Views)

★ Pro

Had this issue in my game since day 1 of release of Get Famous. Bouncer does not work for anyone already selected for possible award, every thing is greyed out, as they are already allowed entrance even though, they are not. They are denied entrance with no no way in, as bouncer can not be bribed with some one already allowed entrance. Bouncers can not be bribed by Sims that are up for an award, but are denied access instead.

Door access can be changed to 1 with cheats but in non celeb worlds, Non celebs can receive nominations and can not enter.

Message 5 of 17 (2,738 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for sharing that this also affected you!

Message 6 of 17 (2,724 Views)

★ Guide

You posted your own fix. :-)

Message 7 of 17 (2,701 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What do you mean? I haven’t found a fix. Not sure if it would affect non-cheated celebrities or if that was actually the factor. I don’t know if it’s fixed or not - wish I had time to play recently and see! Or if there is a fix let me know Standard smile

Message 8 of 17 (2,692 Views)

★ Guide

@vintagesaturday wrote:

What do you mean? I haven’t found a fix. Not sure if it would affect non-cheated celebrities or if that was actually the factor. I don’t know if it’s fixed or not - wish I had time to play recently and see! Or if there is a fix let me know Standard smile

"But he was not able to enter venue as it's set to three stars - I know I can change to two stars but I think this may be a bug? "

It sounds like you can fix it by changing the star requirement at the entrance and on the lot. I have had this happen before and didn't want to change the settings, either.

I think the real bug is that two-star celebrities are being invited to three-star venues.

Message 9 of 17 (2,688 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ahh I see what you mean. Yeah I can change the star level to get entry but am assuming it’s not intended functionality - that either two star celebrities shouldn’t be invited, or if they are they should be able to enter without changing venue requirements. Like the ‘you can already enter and don’t need to interact with bouncer’ but then still being unable to enter.

Message 10 of 17 (2,678 Views)