Re: [SOUND PROBLEM ECO LIFESTYLE] Sound crackling and skipping

by XxCheekyArchxX

Original Post

Laggy/Glitchy/Stuttery Audio

★★ Novice

Since the last huge update, my audio in the Sims 4 has been very laggy. I've done all the updates, searched all the forums and tried all the tips to no avail. Could it be my disc even though its clean and unscratched? Or is this something that needs a patch update of its own? Please help I really miss playing Sims normally Frown

Message 61 of 118 (986 Views)

Re: Laggy/Glitchy/Stuttery Audio

Hero (Retired)
@XxCheekyArchxX Are you on XB1?
Message 62 of 118 (930 Views)

★★ Novice

yes

Message 63 of 118 (903 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@XxCheekyArchxX I've moved your post to the bug report on this issue. Please click the "Me Too" box at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 64 of 118 (892 Views)

Re: [SOUND PROBLEM ECO LIFESTYLE] Sound crackling and skipping

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issues, but I don't have Eco Lifestyle downloaded or purchased so I'm thinking it's probably an all-around issue that needs to be patched since it started happening after the developers added Eco to the game.

Message 65 of 118 (838 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1] Sound crackling and skipping

★★★ Newbie
@GoldenNyte I’m having the same issue. I’m angry now, I’ve spent too much money on this game for it not to be playable. I have every ep/gp/sp and can’t even play the game. So infuriating
Message 66 of 118 (1,132 Views)

★ Apprentice

The July 2020 patch corrected the Buy/Build Rotation issue but after around 30-45 minutes of gameplay the audio starts crackling kinda like a cat scratching a leather sofa. Its annoying. I too have the Enhanced version I am not using surround sound just my TVs speakers and I even tried using headphones. I can say this is clearly a performance bug/issue something EA should be able to easily fix but the question remains why haven't they.

Message 67 of 118 (1,086 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just adding a me too here for my mom, who also plays. It is especially heinous in build buy right now. Have turned off the music but the sound affects everything at some point. Sounds like an alien animal chittering after awhile. She also got bounced out without being able to save after a big build. She was not happy. It happened after this last patch in July. Before that everything was working great for her. I have been dealing with sound glitches and being bounced out since eco came out, but I just save often and have the sound off for the most part. I would prefer a fix though.

Message 68 of 118 (1,059 Views)

Re: [XB1] Game crashes after coming out of build mode

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues. Haven’t had this problem in a long time, last time it took a game patch. 

Message 69 of 118 (1,032 Views)

Re: [XB1] Game crashes after coming out of build mode

★★ Novice

I have the same problem also since the update and getting eco living now with the knotty pack it's still the same 

Message 70 of 118 (988 Views)