by summerbnik

Original Post

Sims 4 Xbox audio bug then crash

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack including Eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel anywhere and when it starts raining the audio gets messed up.
What happens when the bug occurs? The audio gets messed up and then I can’t hear anything. The game crashes after that.
What do you expect to see? I expect to hear the game and for it not to crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think the patch from June 3

Message 31 of 118 (2,359 Views)

XBOX Audio Cutting Out

★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC downloaded
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing a household in Evergreen Harbor
What happens when the bug occurs? The audio will start crackling and cutting out.
What do you expect to see? Normal audio.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the Eco Lifestyle expansion

The audio issues notably start after traveling between lots, especially to the community space or using the recycling machine. The only thing that stops it involves exiting and restarting the entire game. Audio works fine on all other games and even watching movies on my Xbox and monitor. Didn’t appear until after Eco-Lifestyle downloaded.

Message 32 of 118 (2,585 Views)

Re: XBOX Audio Cutting Out

Hero
@summerbnik Merged your post with existing thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 118 (2,553 Views)

Re: [SOUND PROBLEM ECO LIFESTYLE] Sound crackling and skipping

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I only have this sound problem with sims 4 after I installed eco lifestyle. If I continue to play with the sound muted when the crackling starts. Eventually the game crashes back to home screen.

Message 34 of 118 (2,522 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm playing on my XBOX One and am experiencing the exact same problem AND my game keeps freezing then crashing. 

Message 35 of 118 (2,517 Views)

★★ Guide

same here (XB1), sound starts crackling after playing for a while, started after installing ECO.

fyi the same happend after getting RoM too (which has been fixed).

Message 36 of 118 (2,396 Views)

★★ Novice

@ra7orrat wrote:

same here (XB1), sound starts crackling after playing for a while, started after installing ECO.

fyi the same happend after getting RoM too (which has been fixed).

This also happened to me with RoM and its happening again with Eco Lifestyle hope EA realise that it's the same bug from RoM that's effecting Eco Lifestyle oh and the sound is crackling while in build mode as well as the game lags sometimes just before the crackling starts just a temp fix for the lag if anyone has that is to open up the controls legends screen then back out till it starts lagging again also my speakers are built into my TV the temp fix to the crackling for me is to save quit game reload also the crackling only happens when playing music from a hifi speaker or earbuds the TV plays fine I am on xbox version 1.26.54.2300 all dlc installed

Message 37 of 118 (2,332 Views)

Re: [Read First][Current Issue] Game Save crash after June 3 Update

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue except it happens for absolutely no reason. The game starts off fine - I've even started two more games to see if it were a saved date issue - and eventually the audio starts crackling worse and worse until I can't hear anything at all. Then BAM. Back to the Xbox home screen. 

Message 38 of 118 (2,455 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Fuzzy Audio Please Help

★★★★★ Novice

Major sound crackling then boom crash with me as well!!!

Message 39 of 118 (2,317 Views)

XBox One Significant Audio Issues

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26.54.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Island Living, Jungle Adventure, Kids Room Stuff, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Seasons, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for about 45 minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a game runs for about 45 minutes, the audio begins to deteriorate. Eventually, I have to exit and reload or mute my TV.
What do you expect to see? Clear and synced audio.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch didn't cause problems, it all started when I purchased City Living.

I'm going to attempt uninstalling City Living to see if that fixes the problem.

Message 40 of 118 (2,324 Views)