Re: [PS4] Unable to Progress in new tutorial due to greyed out selections

by Eileen1965

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [XB1/PS4] Unable to Progress in tutorial due to greyed out selections

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.22
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None. Just the base game also no cheats
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the tutorial to the point where it tells you to "take a vacation use your phone ".
What happens when the bug occurs? The phone is grayed out Aide you’re stuck in a endless tutorial.
What do you expect to see? The ability to use the phone to take a vacation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I seen this bug reported for the PC but I can’t find if it was reported for the PS4. I know I’m not the only one who is experiencing this issue on console because someone on YouTube posted a video about this.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (5,382 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me. I also found a video where a player ran into this while making a help video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zObxLo3uABU

Message 2 of 15 (5,262 Views)

Hero
@Eileen1965 Are you on console as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (5,247 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. PS4

Message 4 of 15 (5,226 Views)

Hero
@Eileen1965 OK. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure to have your post in the correct thread :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (5,213 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict lol yup. actually went to pc version 1st but found my way to the right one.speaking of, when I played through it on pc, it worked fine, but that was some time ago
Message 6 of 15 (5,196 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

This looks like the same bug that we get on PC. The problem is that you finished the third milestone (clean house twice, work on daily task, improve a skill, get promoted) faster than the game developers expected. The tutorial tells you that you need to complete all of your Sim's Aspiration goals and that's easy to do if you're still on the third milestone. However, it's impossible to do once you've reached the fourth milestone (take a vacation day, go to a community lot, go fishing, meet 3 people) because vacations, traveling, and fishing are still locked and don't get unlocked until the tutorial moves on.

Unfortunately, the only solution is to go back to a save that came before you finished the third milestone and make sure you leave it unfinished until you get the Free Time message. In many cases, that might mean going back to the very beginning of the tutorial. You might even need to start the tutorial over with a new sim. The whole tutorial only takes about 3 to 4 simdays, so starting over isn't too bad if you really want to play through it.

Message 7 of 15 (5,169 Views)

★ Pro

I once solved this issue by leaving tutorial mode (take a vacation day finally unlocked while keeping current aspiration).

Message 8 of 15 (5,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

How do I leave the game or return to a save game? I’m new to PS4 and Sims as well and it’s stuck on the “select the simology panel” phase. 

I don’t see any options to exit or change anything and I’m getting frustrated because I cannot find a direct answer Frown

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 9 of 15 (4,735 Views)

★ Guide

So I see that the last post on this issue was in April but I am still having the issue.  I am on level 3 of the aspiration and can not progress.  I do not want to start a new tutorial with a new sim.  I like my sim and I've come to far.  Is there still no workaround or solution for this?

I am on Xbox One and my dude is really getting frustrated with not being able to advance.  

By the way, this is the thread that I was referred to in the pc thread about this issue.  Is this the right thread for Xbox or is it strictly PS4?

HELP!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 15 (3,554 Views)