[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

by MD12765

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★★ Newbie

Never had any problems with rotating until I updated my game yesterday, after having not played since mid-late January 2021.

Message 61 of 81 (740 Views)

Hero
@ArrynVale Are you on console ? Which one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 81 (728 Views)

★★★ Novice

I play on ps4 and am also experiencing this problem in CAS after the latest update.  

Message 63 of 81 (696 Views)

Broken controls

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Christmas,grim's guitar, and journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game,Go to create a sim and move the joystick up and down,Create the sim, Try changing the house layers(amount of walls shown) on the house you bought,try changing the floor
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't zoom onto the character in create a sim,Also can't rotate it, you can't change layers in live mode or build mode, can't change floors
What do you expect to see? The camera zooming and rotating the sim,change the layers of the house,change the floors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was just playing I downloaded a sim family after downloading a house for them and then I couldn't zoom in on the sim I downloaded to fix the face details they missed then I went and put them in the house then I discovered I can't change the layers and change the floors

Message 64 of 81 (686 Views)

Re: Broken controls

Hero (Retired)

@gehgrrghd I've merged your post into the bug report for the controls breaking in CAS. Bug reports are one issue per report.

If you can't use raise and lower walls, move floors, or Switch Sims, see this thread Can't Use D-Pad Controls 

Message 65 of 81 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me too except I am on PC and it was also on a sim from the gallery. I had started the game, realized my mods were off saved my sim, turned off the game and turned mods on, got her from my gallery and my sim could not spin with the mouse only the arrows on the bottom, I could also not change the shape of the sim  by clicking and grabbing it either.

I have been on this forum lately and I remembered seeing this thread so I can here read some and tried making a new sim and everything is fine for it. I would love to test mod problems but if I do it might be a few days, I just spent a couple of weeks searching for, sorting trough and then merging all my mods... the are in giant batches of 500mb to 1.2gb right now.

I haven't had the same problem on my laptop though where I play mostly mod free, and pretty much cc free.

Message 66 of 81 (634 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Bloodluvingirl Console users can't use mods, so the issue isn't mod related on console.
Message 67 of 81 (613 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know that, I just wanted to let people know it can happen on PC as well, and if someone actually wanted more info from me I just figured I'd might as well give it.

Message 68 of 81 (599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too, except it was today

Message 69 of 81 (589 Views)

Unable to rotate Sim in CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EP10.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? Right joystick completely nonfunctional
What do you expect to see? Able to rotate Sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch after the initial release of Kits.

From what would be a random occurrence now is every time I go into CAS to “Create New Household to Move In” and either grab a Sim from The Gallery or from My Library. Sim will either load facing straight forward or at an angle, unable to move them around

Message 70 of 81 (586 Views)