[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

by MD12765

Original Post

Re: Unable to rotate Sim in CAS

Hero (Retired)

@midtwilightblue I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 71 of 81 (809 Views)

I can’t rotate my sims in cas when I download them from the gallery.

★★★ Newbie

I’m not sure if there’s some glitch going on with my game or anyone else’s but I saved a couple of sims to my library to finish editing the next day, and when I downloaded them back into cas it wouldn’t let me rotate my sim or zoom in on them without pressing their face. I’m on console, xbox one to be specific so I’m not sure if this is just a console thing or if it’s been happening to any pc players. 

Message 72 of 81 (803 Views)

Re: I can’t rotate my sims in cas when I download them from the gallery.

Champion

Hello @glosss15 ! This has been an issue for console players for some time and there is an existing bug report for it.  Please click "me too" on the first post and add your details if you wish.

[OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim - Answer HQ

Also, perhaps try the workaround mentioned by @willprot in that same thread on page 6. Here is a direct link to their post.  If it works for you, please consider giving them some XP.

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim - Page 6 - Answer HQ

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 73 of 81 (783 Views)

Re: I can’t rotate my sims in cas when I download them from the gallery.

Hero (Retired)

@glosss15 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 74 of 81 (772 Views)

Re: Create a sim

★★ Novice

I’m having this same issue, I have all packs except two of the kits.  I found I had this issue mainly when I jumped right into cas from the menu and try to add a sim from the library I can’t turn my sim afterwards and I have to exit cas and go back in the fix it. It’s really annoying and I noticed after the last patch. 

Message 75 of 81 (734 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★★ Newbie

I’m experiencing this as well.

Message 76 of 81 (679 Views)

Re: My sim isnt rotating in cas

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what’s happening to me

Message 77 of 81 (680 Views)

Re: My sim isnt rotating in cas

★★★★★ Newbie

Going to have to try this. Haven't been able to figure out a way to fix it yet and it's driving me insane. 

Message 78 of 81 (628 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I've had the same problem for a while now and it seems to occur when I enter the Gallery/Library. However, if I go into the screen to save the household I'm making and then go out again, the bug goes. You will need to assign traits/give the sim a name, however it will clear the glitch and you can move the camera again.

Message 79 of 81 (609 Views)

Unable to rotate Sims in CAS when creating a new household

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? SP11.217
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going into CAS to create a new household then adding a Sim from The Gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to rotate the Sim in any direction.
What do you expect to see? Sims to rotator freely every time I enter CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don’t create Sims often or create new households but when I do and bring one from the Gallery this bug occurs almost every time

Message 80 of 81 (601 Views)