Re: Sims dont do anything else if building skills

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

CAS and Build/Buy Glitches

★★★ Newbie

After adding a sim to a household from the gallery or my library, I cannot use the right thumb stick to zoom or rotate them. 

Second story buildings are currently not possible and roofs do not recognize floors on the second story so basically building is impossible currently for me. 

Message 41 of 81 (1,093 Views)

Re: CAS and Build/Buy Glitches

★ Guide
I have the same problem. I have to use mouse to rotate the sim.
Message 42 of 81 (1,050 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★ Apprentice

I've been having this issue since June on the PS4. Occurs about 90% of the time. 

Message 43 of 81 (1,037 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★★ Newbie

As of November 2, 2020, this is still an issue. Seems to only happen with sims loaded up from the library or gallery, though I haven't tried loading from tbe gallery yet, so I'm just going off what somebody else said. This seems to have been a problem since at least June, which was 5 months ago (if not longer), so why there's not a fix for it by now is beyond me. The newest DLC I've added was the university one, but it appears as though it's been happening long before that. After 5 months though, you'd think they'd have a fix for this. There's been plenty of time.

Message 44 of 81 (976 Views)

PS4 create a sim rotation issue

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PS4 latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone except for: Eco life, Strangerville, my first pet stuff, moschino stuff, nifty knitting, Star Wars, and bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into create a sim and you can see the sim move 360° but when you go into gallery and merge or replace sims you can’t maneuver them in a circle at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t move sim 360° at all
What do you expect to see? The sim to be able to see the sim in 360° to see the whole outfit or even a side profile.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pictures would be useless since they can’t move

Message 45 of 81 (963 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PhoenixJR Thx a lot (not sarcasm)
Message 46 of 81 (894 Views)

Re: My sim isnt rotating in cas

★★★ Newbie

After you download a sim or house hold into the family go to save to gallery and go back you will then be able to access all features of creating a sim AND u will be able to rotate.  hope this helps! 

Message 47 of 81 (862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you I've been having this problem forever

Message 48 of 81 (829 Views)

Sims dont do anything else if building skills

★★★ Newbie

On sims 4 for ps4, I have noticed that if you are having a sim work on a skill they will ignore work, hunger and everything but sleep if you have them building a skill, the two I noticed was Organ and Charisma in the mirror. Also, when you add a sim from your gallery to a new family, you lose all control of the rotate stick. 

Message 49 of 81 (804 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims dont do anything else if building skills

Hero (Retired)
@Phatjtrigga Sims do not stop what you've directed them to do for anything else. You have to manually cancel the skill building action.

I've merged your post into the bug report for the rotate sim issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 50 of 81 (783 Views)