Re: Create a sim

by Calheaven

Original Post

Sims unable to rotate in CAS

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but Eco Lifestyle. All game packs but Strangerville and Jungle Adventure. Stuff packs installed: Bowling, Spa Day, Movie Hangout, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and try to spin sims around to look at them from other angles, on old created sims and newer ones.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims do not move when using the control to spin them around on the spot in CAS. They stay in the original position. When you go to look at the details on their face, you cannot rotate them either.
What do you expect to see? A fully rotational sim in CAS when editing them during and after creation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please fix this asap! I would like to edit old sims!

Message 31 of 81 (2,582 Views)

Re: Sims unable to rotate in CAS

Hero (Retired)
@cookiefeather I've merged your post with the bug report regarding this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of this thread.
Message 32 of 81 (2,567 Views)

Can't turn sim in CAS with the controller

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS on the PS4 and try to turn a sim with the controller
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't turn sim
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this fixed. By not being able to turn the sim it's impossible to adjust the butt size and place tattoos on the back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Can't turn sim in CAS with controller. Another person on the forums confirms they can't either.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978874/how-do-you-turn-a-sim-in-cas-with-the-ps4-control...

edit: Note you'll have to scroll up at the link to see the whole post.

(merge post) -Atic 

Message 33 of 81 (2,619 Views)

Re: Can't turn sim in CAS with the controller

★★★ Newbie

I have found the solution just simply click the tick after loading the characters into the household and then place them in a house. Click on lot, click the 3 dots, got to manage household and then go to edit sim and it should be fixed.

Message 34 of 81 (2,483 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Sony Playstation 4

Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.29

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work , cats and dogs , city living , Stuff pack: Vintage Glamour, Game pack: Vampires

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to the gallery and donwload a Sim from Your gallery, the online gallery or just open the gallery, go back to create a sim and the error will appear.

What happens when the bug occurs? When you are in create a sim you can’t rotate the sim at all so you can’t see the side or back of them and you can't even zoom.

What do you expect to see? A fix for this in a patch like the one on pc and mac. 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - No, I have never installed any customization except the expansions and packs.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I haven't done any change in the system and I'm not really sure about the patch

Please describe the patch or change you made. -

Would you please fix this a soon as posible? I really love the Sims and is really frustating not be able to customize old Sims or Sims from the online gallery. 

I have to add that I have the latest version of the game in my console.

Message 35 of 81 (2,441 Views)

Bug: Sim in CAS won’t rotate

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.29.80.4400 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs Seasons Jungle adventure Spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open create a sim, open gallery then back out.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t rotate sim
What do you expect to see? Be able to rotate sim

When I press “controls” the right stick isn’t coloured.

Message 36 of 81 (2,432 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue on Xbox One, gets highly frustrating having to reset my game everything I want to create a new sim 

PLEASE FIX....

Also please fix the roofs when you go to drag them they don't actually show where you've dragged them to until you let go of the node

Thankyou 

Message 37 of 81 (2,379 Views)

XBOX ONE GALLERY/LIBRARY IMPORT ISSUE

★★ Novice

I am on XBOX ONE X - sims 4 I have a serious issue downloading ANYTHING from the gallery even my own sims... every time I try and I go to zoom in to change their eyes or anything it wont let me zoom. not only that but also LS and LB and RB stops working... not sure why? this doesn't happen when creating a sim only when importing.... please help Frown too hard to edit like this... this has been happening for days before and after update...  at first I thought it was my controller... so i tried 2 others.. same thing... I tried restarting the game... the xbox... even moved the game to my internal drive and reinstalled... its the game itself having the issue.  

Message 38 of 81 (2,396 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Create a sim

★★★★★ Newbie

This worked thank you! 

Message 39 of 81 (2,346 Views)

Re: XBOX ONE GALLERY/LIBRARY IMPORT ISSUE

Hero (Retired)
@rockmissjess I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 40 of 81 (2,331 Views)