Re: [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

by PhoenixJR

Original Post

★★ Novice

I’ve noticed that if the right analog stick isn’t rotating my Sims in create-a-sim, by clicking on the “Save Household” button, then once the preview loads pressing circle ○ to cancel the save I can once again rotate them. Strange fix but seems to work every time for me.

Message 21 of 81 (5,573 Views)

Re: Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles

★★★ Newbie

Hi, hope you can help, since the latest update I cant seem to rotate or zoom in on sims in CAS, usually the right stick did this but now it doesn't do anything, had a look at your basic controller list and it doesn't seem to mention how to zoom/rotate either, please help

Message 22 of 81 (5,489 Views)

Re: Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles

Hero
@Finn_H93 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 81 (5,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

xb1 here i cant rotate when loading from gallery

Message 24 of 81 (5,407 Views)

Create a sim Problems

★★★ Newbie

I add a household from my gallery but iw wont let me rotate or zoom in on the sims also there is a display of what command each button does(for example if i havent selected anything it will say x:catlog options, o:back, square:toggle catalogue,) and if i select something (example; the sims shirt; triangle:remove object, L2: undo, R2: redo). I'm not sure how this happened. I was just playing as usual and all of a sudden when i opened create a sim it was like that. It does the same display when in building mode and does the same not letting me rotate or zoom.

Message 25 of 81 (5,349 Views)

Re: Create a sim Problems

Hero (Retired)
@GreaserGirl64 I have merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please check the "Me Too" box at the bottom of the first post on the first page of this thread.
Message 26 of 81 (5,289 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28.72.3400 (64-bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, edit the uniform of any restaurant staff by going into CAS. Additionally, sometimes simply switching between pre-made outfits will immediately boot you into CAS, without asking if you want to go into it (which is normal behavior).
What happens when the bug occurs? After exiting CAS, L1/R1 no longer function in build mode or in the Gallery. Exiting build mode, bringing up the cheat/debug bar, going into Live Mode and exiting to main menu and then reloading the save does not fix the issue. Only rebooting the game fixes it.

Additionally, the Gallery also bugs out visually with the left-hand categories flowing off-screen and 'wwwwwww' repeated next to controller icons that extremely rapidly flash through every button save the D-pad, Options and Touchpad. This bug remains after exiting build mode.

What do you expect to see? After exiting CAS, game should allow navigation with L1/R1 and editing additional uniforms. Gallery should not bug out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console, no mods available.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unknown. Have not tried to edit a uniform in months. Have bought numerous packs since getting Dine Out, and there have been numerous updates.
Please describe the patch or change you made. N/A

I have also recently re-installed the game (unrelated to this bug), restored licenses, rebuilt my PS4 database and started a brand new save.

Message 27 of 81 (5,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

life saver thank you very much!!!!!

Message 28 of 81 (5,135 Views)

Cannot Rotate Or Zoom On Sim In Cas Update 7/23

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29.80.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and add a sim to family and try to rotate or zoom
What happens when the bug occurs? Can not zoom or rotate sim
What do you expect to see? Should be able to zoom and rotate sim to see what everything looks like
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You may need to add another sim to the family in the same instance in CAS for the bug to show.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Removed All caps from title, Edited overly large font

Message 29 of 81 (5,055 Views)

Trouble after downloading household from gallery

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29.80.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Seasons, and StrangerVille
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going into CAS, download a household from the gallery, and attemtp to rotate or zoom in on the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? You attempt to zoom or rotate the sim and it doesn't work.
What do you expect to see? A patch where you are able to rotate and zoom in and out on the sim after downloading a household from the gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have a video of the issue.

Message 30 of 81 (5,036 Views)