Unable to toggle different outfits in CAS

by Sweet_Satyr

Original Post

PS4 R1 And L1 Not Working Create A Sim

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play sims 4 on ps4 and I can't use R1 or L1 in the create mode. Does anyone have any suggestions, because I restarted the game, and I checked to make sure it was updated.

Message 51 of 81 (946 Views)

Re: PS4 R1 And L1 Not Working Create A Sim

Hero (Retired)
@zionna773 I've merged your post into the bug report.
Message 52 of 81 (929 Views)
Highlighted

Unable to toggle different outfits in CAS

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37.13.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I currently have Parenthood, Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, Toddler stuff and Paranormal Stuff but had this issue with just base game as well.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Create-A-Sim and attempt to use the shoulder buttons (R1/L1) to toggle through outfit categories.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to toggle through the outfit categories and this renders create-a-sim basically unplayable because not only do I have to manually select each and every option, I also constantly have to back out of what I am doing because the game doesn't respond/recognize using the joystick and directional pads.
What do you expect to see? Quick, easy to toggle outfits and a functional create-a-sim mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Nothing else to say. CAS is mostly a buggy, slow and tedious feature now. And given the nature of the game, it makes it a lot less playable.

Message 53 of 81 (896 Views)

Re: Unable to toggle different outfits in CAS

Hero (Retired)
@Sweet_Satyr Were you in the gallery previously before the controls stopped working?
Message 54 of 81 (859 Views)

You cannot rotate in CAS

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Journey To Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To to create-a-sim and load an arbitrary Sim from the gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot rotate your Sim or zoom in and out.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to rotate my Sim so I can view him/her from different angles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Rotating does not work if you load a Sim from the gallery. It is very frustrating not being able to see your Sim or clothes from all angles. 

Message 55 of 81 (900 Views)

Re: You cannot rotate in CAS

★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue and have been having it a while. The work around is a mouse but all PS4 players don't use a mouse.

Message 56 of 81 (883 Views)

★★★ Guide
@catloverplayer I've been having this issue too, and I play on Xbox. I was once creating a Sim from scratch and it happened to me as well. I looked up the issue and I think it was on The Sims Forums (if I remember correctly) where I saw someone else had the issue and someone said that a workaround was to choose the Save to the Gallery option then exit out of that and you should be able to rotate again. Worked for me so I didn't have to exit CAS and go to the main menu/fully quit the game. ☺️

Hope that helps for now until the issue gets solved! 😊 Also I'm tagging you, @Dongerdyr so you can see this too. 😉
Message 57 of 81 (876 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Can’t rotate sim in create a sim

★★★★ Apprentice

Just a note, this seems to only happen when loading households from the library.

So a quick workaround:

You can basically load from library and then just set the body information as well as the weight and muscle slides where you want them (as those options can't be changed later without the fulledit cheat).

Click on Play to save the household into the game and then find the household again in Manage Households and choose edit.

You should know be able to rotate and edit the profile information and anything else you may want other than the aforementioned body details.

Message 58 of 81 (855 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Dongerdyr I've merged your post into the bug report.
Message 59 of 81 (827 Views)

Re: Unable to toggle different outfits in CAS

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper No I rarely used it back then and it's been an issue since at least June.
Message 60 of 81 (805 Views)