Re: [OPEN] [XB1] Can’t place windows individually. Only allows auto-placement

by Avafrava

Original Post

Re: Window placement problem

★★★ Novice

I know this is very late, but for future players who encounter this issue, the problem is that you cannot just press L1/R1 to switch placement modes with a window type selected, like you can with floors and walls. You have to switch before you even select the window size, as can be seen in the attached images. L1/R1 still works here, so long as you do not have a window selected.

Message 11 of 16 (550 Views)

Re: Window placement problem

Hero (Retired)
@NeoPolitanGames I've merged your post with the current thread and bug report on this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

Post #2 has some help for this issue in the meantime.
Message 12 of 16 (538 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [XB1] Can’t place windows individually. Only allows auto-placement

★★★ Newbie
@ThatGirlJemmaXo May i ask how to undo it since the nifty knitting has been uploaded? It isn’t working and i am very frustrated with my game. As of this, i cannot play the sims until i have fixed this.
Message 13 of 16 (454 Views)

Re: I can’t place windows

★★★ Apprentice

This problem is still happening and it's annoying if you guys ask so much money for a small expansion pack,  you guys should have fixed it by now,  but still not fixed 

Message 14 of 16 (407 Views)

Game places two windows instead of one

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date 9/27/2022
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get famous, cats n dogs, blooms, city living, cool kitchen, cottage living, country kitchen, dine out, discover u, home decorate, decor to max, get together, jungle, outdoor retreat parenthood, romantic garden stuff, strangerville, toddler stuff,vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Come visit? It happens in build mode when trying to place windows
What happens when the bug occurs? It places two windows separated a good distance even on other sides. I’m unable to figure out how to get it to stop.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to place one window at a time where I want. Now it puts two where the game wants to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When trying to place a window in build mode game places two windows and at a wide separation. Even on other sides of a house. It has stopped gameplay from building or changing

Message 15 of 16 (332 Views)

Re: Game places two windows instead of one

Champion

Did you make sure you don’t have placing windows by room on?

Are you having the bug where that toggle is stuck or only works before choosing a window?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-XB1-Can-t-place-windows-individually-Only-allows-auto/td-...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 16 of 16 (290 Views)