Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [XB1] Achievements not Unlocking

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living Vampires Vintage Glamour Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Luxury Party Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach level 10 in a skill
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't get an xbox Gamerscore achievement, like you're supposed to.
What do you expect to see? One of the listed achievements pop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Achievements are not unlocking for my character.  I've reached level ten in piano, violin, and cooking.  Had a household with eight sims.  None of these are unlocking achievements.

I've performed a hard reset to clear the cache, I've saved and reloaded, nothing.

Message 39 of 93 (15,863 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 achievements not unlocking

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

We just released an update for the game which should help with achievements that didn't unlock on Xbox.

o To complete the unlock process simply load the Save Game you earned your Achievement(s) in and everything you earned will unlock.
o You may need to load multiple Save Games if you earned Achievements across different saves.

Please, give it a try, and let us know how it goes!

If you are playing on PS4, please, update your game and load the save game where you earned your achievements. If you are still missing any after loading the save, let us know.

Thanks!
-Mai

View in thread

Message 68 of 93 (14,032 Views)

All Replies

The Sims 4 achievements not unlocking

★★★ Newbie

The Sims 4 on Xbox One is not unlocking achievements. I did the woohoo in a rocket ship. My wife aged up her sim and got to master painting level. My brother in law also experienced this. The achievements will not unlock. Please fix this!!!!!

Message 1 of 93 (17,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I have been playing ever since the 14th on Xbox One and the only achievement to unlock was getting level 10 in Violin Skills.

After that, achievements never popped.

I know my Sims had:
Max levelled in the Piano skill (Ivory Tower)

Stayed awake for 24 hours (All Nighter)

No social in 24 hours (Introvert)

My game tends to glitch a lot in the nightlife DLC. Some of my Sims will never stop the task I have them on. I'm wondering if the DLC is causing glitches in recognizing my achievements.

I also restarted my Xbox and selected my account in case it was on my end, but I don't think it is after having reverted multiple saves and even leveling up to 10 in the piano skill again, meanwhile having my Sims stay awake.

(Update)

I did attempt to change profiles and set my Xbox offline then back online, yet nothing changed.

In the Sims 4 menu, I clicked on Change Profile and had high hopes, started up my save but no achievements. I had kept a separate save right before one of my Sims reached level 10 in the Piano skill, so once reached I thought it would make the achievement unlock. Nope. I'm at a loss.

(Update 2)

I made a new household and had them not speak to anyone for 24 hours to see if the achievement would unlock. Nothing. Seemingly curious, I did make sure he didn't speak for another 24 hours. Nothing. I wasted my time on that one, so hopefully this will prevent others from doing the same.
Message 2 of 93 (17,478 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I’m having the same problem, watched/listened to all media channels. Stayed awake for 24hrs and maxed out a career.

Is there any update on a fix?
Message 3 of 93 (17,435 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I had left my Xbox unplugged overnight, tried my save it where I levelled my Sim to 10. Still got nothing. At this points I'm trying to narrow down things I haven't tried.

I did see my Xbox said my closest achievement progress is toward the no social for 24 hours, but it has it at 0%. I am well aware I had my Sim not socializing for 42 hours. So this is some booty.
Message 4 of 93 (17,425 Views)

★ Novice
Think I’ll have to wait to there’s a patch before I play anymore. Don’t wana waste all my time for no reward.
Message 5 of 93 (17,416 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just want to make sure. Did any of you use any cheats? Cheats disable achievements.

Message 6 of 93 (17,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No cheats. Some achievements will unlock. I got the one for being isolated for 24 hours. 

Cannot get woohoo to unlock or reaching level 10 in certain skills. 

Message 7 of 93 (17,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice
No. I don't even know how to activate cheats. Unless if they are specific buttons to press in a pattern, I'm 100% sure I didn't activate them.

I love the Sims, but I also love achievements, so I'm having a love/hate.

Also new UPDATE

I uninstalled my DLC and reinstalled while restarting my Xbox.

This game still neglects my achievements.

I had stopped my Sims from learning things after level 9 because I know the achievement won't activate if it hasn't in the past.
Message 8 of 93 (17,347 Views)

★★★ Guide

What region are you guys in?  There was an earlier thread where a guy in Australia was missing the option for resizing margins. Just wondering if there's different versions of the game floating around the world having different problems.  Obviously sucks to not be getting achievements when you should and I have no idea how to correct anything like that. 

Message 9 of 93 (17,339 Views)