[FIXED] [XB] Unable to select object/Sims with Sims 4 camera with mouse/keyboard

by elektropunch

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB] Unable to select object/Sims with Sims 4 camera with mouse/keyboard

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.5.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Discover University, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using a connected mouse attempt to click on flooring to move sim or click on items and objects to use them
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens. The option does for a sim to "go here" does not appear. Selection options for items when clicking do not appear. Hovering the mouse cursor over items and objects highlights them but when clicking nothing happens
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option "go here" to appear and the ability to select it. I expect to see selection options for items and objects to appear and expect to be able to select them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Console update 1.69

With the January 31st, 2023 patch I am unable to use a connected mouse to play the game on Xbox One. Camera movement works fine however I am unable to make my sims "go here" and also unable to select items and objects. When my mouse hovers over items, objects and sims, I am able to click but nothing happens

Another Simmer encountered this same issue from the same patch update

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-Xbox-keyboard-and-mouse-issues/td-p/12262...

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title to fit.

Message 5 of 165 (9,412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Xbox : No options in live mode and unable to use build mode properly

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

While console Simmers can use both the Sims 4 Camera and Sims 3 Camera options when using a mouse and keyboard it wasn’t the intent that only one of the two camera modes would let you interact with objects in Build Mode. Console simmers using a mouse and keyboard and using either camera mode, objects can, again, be interacted with and adjusted as expected.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue, thanks!

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 70 of 165 (8,006 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 Xbox- keyboard and mouse issues

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox series X since 2021, no issues until today.

The 31/01/2023 update appears to have disabled the ability to press on house items during gameplay mode. The mouse still works, functions fine on the menus , buying and building mode etc, but when I click on the items in gameplay mode it only makes the sound effect but no options list for the Sim to choose what to do with the object.

I tried with my Xbox controller and it appears to still work no problems so it's definitely the recent update. For reference the game functioned perfectly fine yesterday.

And yes, I've already closed the game and done a hard reset on the Xbox. Multiple times... The mouse still isn't functioning properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 165 (9,377 Views)

Re: Console Controller Feedback

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Solaire I find that I can't do normal interactions anymore, when I try to click something using my attached keyboard + mouse, it doesn't even work anymore!
Message 2 of 165 (9,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This isn't exactly towards playing on console, but it's an issue I suddenly found while playing with the January 31st 2023 update installed on my Xbox. When I clicked on something, trying to get my sim to interact with it, nothing showed up. This happened with all 3 of the sims I'm playing with. I think the new features made my sims rebel, but what do I do?

Update: Just found out this issue only happens when I'm using keyboard and mouse, with controller I can do stuff perfectly fine. But this kinda inconvenciences me because I usually play with keyboard and mouse. I can deal with controller for a bit, I just wish this can get fixed.

Message 3 of 165 (9,123 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox- keyboard and mouse issues

★★★ Apprentice

Having this exact same problem as well

Message 4 of 165 (9,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

console: Xbox One S

Issue: Sims 4 camera/ cursor not working 

This is the first time I’m ever making a complaint on sims 4 I started playing on pc when I first got it but am on console now and have been for a couple years now, I like that I can plug in my keyboard and mouse and play how I’m used to playing. Since the update dropped today I can’t use the sims 4 camera to play or build in the game, I have to switch between sims 3 camera and sims 4 camera to make my game a bit easier for me. Since the sims 4 cameras is my preferred way to play and build on sims it sucks that my cursor isn’t working properly. Will it stay like this?

Message 6 of 165 (8,959 Views)

Re: [XB1] Unable to select sims, items and objects with mouse/keyboard

★★★ Newbie

I hope they fix this soon because it just feels better to play Sims on keyboard and mouse.. 😭

Message 7 of 165 (9,315 Views)

Hero
@sims2bellagoth Are you also in XBox ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 165 (9,313 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm this is affecting me also on XB Series X

Message 9 of 165 (9,298 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I play on Xbox. However I use a keyboard and mouse attachment. The update for console on Jan 31st literally broke my game. In build mode I am unable to place objects. Move objects. Recolor objects. Whatever update you did, reverse it. Xbox was working just fine before you tried to fix it. Its sad since I don't use mods or cc. So it's not my console. It's your update. Please fix this asap. 

Message 10 of 165 (9,086 Views)