Dot.: [OPEN] [XB/PS] [SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

by KujiGhost

Original Post

Sims 4 snowy escape no snowboarding

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38.184.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats&dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, kids room, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go snowboarding on the slopes
What happens when the bug occurs? No option to snowboard down slopes above easy.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use all 4 slopes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When going snowboarding at level 10 the only option above the easy slope is to change stance. Also the slopes are always empty as sims no longer use them or the bunny slopes. Also unable to snowboard by clicking the snowboard as it always says there’s no mountain even when on the mountain.

Message 61 of 97 (972 Views)

Re: Sims 4 snowy escape no snowboarding

★★★★★ Newbie

I am hoping this patch comes soon as they have just released their "laundry list".

This is definitely something that needs addressed immediately with the skiing and snowboarding being essentially completely broken as it's been broken for a long time and it's a very expensive part of the game as it is an expansion pack.

I really feel like they need to stop pumping out new content and focus on fixing the overwhelming amount of existing issues causing existing players to barely be able to play the game.

Even when I play on console and without mods and cheats I have some seriously immersion breaking bugs happening.

I'm going to start recording all of them and uploading them here as that seems to be the best way to get them addressed at this point.

Message 62 of 97 (921 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB/PS] [SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

★ Guide

Nothing in the new patch's notes about a fix. Really sucks.

Message 63 of 97 (1,088 Views)

Re: Sims 4 snowy escape no snowboarding

★★★★ Novice

What's the way to upload, other than through the PS?

Message 64 of 97 (1,077 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Been having the same problem. And I can't believe this has not been fixed yet. This is ridiculous! 

Message 65 of 97 (1,011 Views)

★ Apprentice

Really hoping to see this bug appear on the next laundry list. It's a core part of the expansion! 

Message 66 of 97 (986 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still not fixed I see.

If this is a console only bug, can I assume it will be fixed in about year after the initial report, like the servo behavior toggles?

Why oh why did I ever buy this game on the PS4...?

Message 67 of 97 (885 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem on PS4 😩 I hope they will fix it someday...☹️

Message 68 of 97 (825 Views)

★ Apprentice

The most recent laundry list (from April 13th) has the Extreme Slopes not registering as one of the areas they're looking at. Perhaps this issue will be rolled into that fix?

A man can dream... 

Message 69 of 97 (785 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That thread they linked to that problem dates back to November. I have a feeling it’ll be May at the earliest before they get to this one. 

Message 70 of 97 (746 Views)