Re: [OPEN] [XB/PS] [SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

by wesnic87

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I was hoping today's update would fix this issue, but with this game I should have known better. They just keep adding new stuff without bothering to fix what's already broken in the game. I can't wait to see what Paranormal Stuff breaks, because it will break something, new packs always break something. I bought Snowy Escape specifically for the snowboarding, but because of this well known (and seemingly ignored by anyone who could fix it) bug I have never been able to progress beyond the easy slope. Apparently the more advanced slopes worked in the beginning, so I envy those who were fortunate enough to briefly enjoy the use of those slopes. I bought the pack in December so I never got that chance. I wish I could believe that this will eventually be fixed, but with this game's track record I highly doubt it. Another $40 wasted.

Message 41 of 97 (1,353 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I feel this. I was highly hoping for a fix today and have msgd the sims directly and I get nothing in reply. I've commented on posts and hear nothing. I also purchased this pack for the snowboarding and can no longer do so Frown 

Message 42 of 97 (1,352 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue too. I noticed it happened maybe a week or so ago. Can't snowboard or ski, just saying "change to goofy stance" or "change to normal stance" really annoying as I enjoy the dlc 

Message 43 of 97 (1,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue (on PS4) Frown

Message 44 of 97 (1,188 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Welcome to the club 😑☹

Message 45 of 97 (1,182 Views)

Snowy Escape slopes are not usable

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Snowy Escape
What happens when the bug occurs? High level skiing and snowboarding can only go down bunny and easy slope. Intermediate and above slopes aren’t even an option.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be able to ski and snowboard on all slopes not just bunny and easy.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I finally got my simS skill high in snowboarding and skiing but I can only use the bunny and easy slope. The intermediate and higher slopes aren’t even an option. 

Message 46 of 97 (1,128 Views)

Re: Snowy Escape slopes are not usable

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem on PS4 too! The option to go down any slope other than Easy disappears when the sim levels up their Snowboarding or Skiing skills to the level required for the harder slopes.

Message 47 of 97 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? Version 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All minus my first pet stuff, Romantic garden pack, fitness pack, cool kitchen stuff.
What happens when the bug occurs? High level skiing and snowboarding can only go down bunny and easy slope. "Change to goofy stance" is the only option. Intermediate and above slopes aren’t even an option. Even clicking on snowboard in inventory, does not recognize you are on mountain (even when at the top). No unlockes with increased skills. Both my sims are level 7 and 9. Unable to complete Aspiration. 
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be able to ski and snowboard on all slopes not just bunny and easy, complete the game Aspiration and gain access to unlocks. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, On console 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. Its been 2+ months since the skin tone patch correction. 

Message 48 of 97 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Guide

I got Snowy Escape on Friday since it's 60% off and this same thing is happening to me. I play on Xbox One X and my two Sims are both level 5 snowboarding while one of them is level 2 skiing, the other being level 4. 

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I'd love to be able to have them go on the harder slopes.

Message 49 of 97 (1,008 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] [ROM] [GF] Unable to use slope with familiar/Drone presen

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? Version 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All minus my first pet stuff, Romantic garden pack, fitness pack, cool kitchen stuff.
What happens when the bug occurs? High level skiing and snowboarding can only go down bunny and easy slope. "Change to goofy stance" is the only option. Intermediate and above slopes aren’t even an option. Even clicking on snowboard in inventory, does not recognize you are on mountain (even when at the top). No unlockes with increased skills. Both my sims are level 7 and 9. Unable to complete Aspiration. 
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be able to ski and snowboard on all slopes not just bunny and easy, complete the game Aspiration and gain access to unlocks. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, On console 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. Its been 2+ months since the skin tone patch correction. 

I have also changed one the lots within the mountain area to a Cafe. 

Message 50 of 97 (993 Views)