@lucyiirwin123 Nope still not fixed.

Message 31 of 51 (623 Views)

Re: Sims 4 loading not working, freezes after signing in

★ Apprentice

Any updates? 

Message 32 of 51 (542 Views)

★★★ Novice

It worked for a couple of weeks for me but just stopped working again. Has this been fixed for anyone else?

Message 33 of 51 (514 Views)

★★★ Pro

@lucyiirwin123 Not for me tried it earlier at first it froze the loading was about a quarter the way up second time froze and then crashed back to dashboard Xbox series X tried it on Xbox one X it loaded no problems.

Message 34 of 51 (466 Views)

★ Apprentice
@lucyiirwin123 Same but it worked for only a few days, now the problem is back. Also my game started crashing like once an hour. Unplayable, I’m so sad 😢
Message 35 of 51 (457 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too! Its my favourite game but this is really putting me off, haven’t been able to play it properly in ages! 

Message 36 of 51 (449 Views)

Champion

I'm on Xbox series S with the same problem. I'm checking series X stock updates to switch up and see if it's any better but I can't find any. I have to be online to load so wondered if going back to disc would help.

I mentioned it directly to the Sims team in December and also on the thread about Crashing on save and exit, build and CAS. So they are aware. They replied to try power cycling and to try contacting EA support when it happens to get their assistance and said the team knows about the problem.

My game starts to load, the plumbob freezes a quarter of the way along the screen and it either sticks or crashes to homepage. Once it sticks I restart my console, sometimes it takes 3 or more tries. Eventually it loads.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all my packs, power cycled, reset my console and nothing helps. All I can do is just keep restarting my console several times.

It got worse the more packs I added. I've got almost all except for Vampires, Star Wars, Spooky and 3 of the kits. I wanted the new clothing kit released last week but I darent add any more. I added Eco Living and Blooming rooms in December and it got so much worse.

The problem seems to be linked as well, to the Quick Resume. If it's there when I load it then it works fine. But it's only there about 20% of the time.

I've got a crashing issue with city living so I'm having to avoid it as if it crashes, I can't load up again without the same carry on. It also has to do a data synch every time I load up and sometimes it seems to get stuck at that point. Clearing locally saved data sometimes helps but not always. 

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 37 of 51 (413 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I thought there was something wrong on my end, but seeing this thread confirms it’s the game and the new SDX function affecting it. I find I am constantly having to start with my Reserve files wiped, which sucks because the newest SDX items fail to show up even if I’ve downloaded them before. They only remain in the game after the next patch that permanently installs them. 

Message 38 of 51 (398 Views)

Champion

The problems with my game predates the SDX feature but it has made it worse in that it can cause my game to crash once I've finally loaded it up. I can't restart as instructed to get the content either, I have to wait till I've loaded it the next day to get the new content added. Nothing more frustrating than finally loading my game and seeing that SDX box waiting to send me back to the beginning again.

There is another major issue with the Series S only regarding graphics optimization and I started a thread for that so if anyone gets a message about their graphics settings being updated, if you don't mind please post on this thread and click me too https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-Xbox-Message-about-updating-graphics-sett...

There's a lot of problems here with the next gen consoles, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was the answer to the Sims problem. But, I whine because I care!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 39 of 51 (385 Views)

★ Guide

I swear this is getting worse with each SDX drop. I cannot start my game at all now without deleting the reserve file, which sucks because unless timed scenarios are attached to the next patch, I won’t be able to play them. It’s really bad that we not only can’t load our games properly but we once again console users have to wait to access new content. 

Message 40 of 51 (333 Views)