Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [XB] Game will only launch/load offline

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Can’t see as won’t load
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the design one and the Star Wars one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the fame
What happens when the bug occurs? I have to uninstall the base game then reinstall it every time to be able to play… if I just try to play a second time then it won’t load and crashes so I have to uninstall and reinstall again… The base game is on disc and it’s only started happening in the last week
What do you expect to see? I expect it to load
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 30/11 patch

☹️☹️☹️

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tags, Adjusted Title.

Message 5 of 51 (2,396 Views)

SIMS 4- why can't I see anything omfg.

★★★★★ Novice

The floors are black in SIMS 4, can't see the furniture or other items I can typically interact with/click on. Doesn't matter if the lights are on or not. 

Message 1 of 51 (2,466 Views)

Crashes after getting to 99% loaded

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I get to the main page with NEW game, load game. I click load game and then it takes me to manage worlds and I click on a family/household to load. Then the page will load until about 95-99% and crash then take me to the XBOX home page. This issue has been going on for 2 weeks and you guys closed the other thread saying it was solved.

This issue is not solved and I've already done everything I can on my end, I've uninstalled all the add-ons, base game, deleted my files from the console, and recovered them via the cloud but nothing works-- so I don't know what the problem is. Also, the only time I got it to load the entire house was black (floors, walls, people) which made it impossible to click on anything. PLEASE STOP making new content if you all cannot maintain the packs you've already released; at this point, you all have bitten off more than you can chew. 

1. Product: The Sims 4
  2. Platform: Xbox Series S
  3. Which language are you playing the game in? English
  4. How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
  5. What is your current game version number? unknown, currently uninstalled.
  6. What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
    1. Expansion Packs Owned: Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, Seasons, Discover University, City Living, Get to Work, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Get Together
    2. Game Packs: Vampires, Parenthood
    3. Stuff Packs: Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Toddler, Kids Room, Bowling Night, My First Pet 
    4. Digital Content Packs: Gnome on the Go, Awesome Animal Hats, Life of the Party, Up All Night Content
  7. Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. I just play Sims 4 and then realized the basic functions that come with Sims 4 Base Game refuse to work. I mean my sims cannot use the toilet, cook/eat, sleep, socialize, focus on hygiene/bathe, or have fun because I can't click on anything and the menu options don't pop up. We need to be able to access the menu options across the game because the Sims need to do these things or they die.
  8. What happens when the bug occurs? I get to the main page with NEW game, load game, scenarios, options. I click load game, click the file I prefer, then it takes me to manage worlds and I click on the family/household I always use. From there, the page will load until about 95-99% and then crash the entire game and take me to the XBOX home page. This issue has been going on for two weeks and you guys closed the larger thread saying it was solved. However, this issue is not solved and I've already done everything I can on my end, I've uninstalled the base game, add-ons, xbox files and retrieved them via cloud, and I don't know what the problem is.  Additionally, the only time I got it to load the entire house was black (floors, walls, people) which made it impossible to click on anything. PLEASE STOP making new content if you all cannot maintain the packs you've already released; at this point, you all have bitten off more than you can chew. 
  9. Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console -- never used.
  10. Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Occurred after Sims 4 switched to in-game updates instead of using XBOX update/most recent update
Message 2 of 51 (2,474 Views)

Re: Crashes after getting to 99% loaded

★★★ Pro

@wildflowerrrrr2 What xbox console do you have and how many packs do you own.

Message 3 of 51 (2,449 Views)

Console sims delivery

★★★ Newbie

Unable to receive the sims delivery hair on console. When I try to restart my game it crashes. But when I choose to ignore it & keep playing my game works. So it’s just the delivery of items not working. 

also There's an issue when you upload a room/lot to the gallery and some items even base game items go missing, both in uploaded room/lot and in game.

Message 4 of 51 (2,363 Views)

Re: Can't load saved files or households

★★★ Pro

@wildflowerrrrr2 Same things happening to my friend on series s the only way she can load her game is by putting her console offline it's stupid.

Message 6 of 51 (2,300 Views)

12/15 sims delivery crashed my game

★ Apprentice

I have sims 4 on Xbox console and I have everything (no cc or mods obviously because I’m on console). But after the 12/15 sims delivery, my game will not load pass the screen where you choose what house to play. There’s a lag when choosing, the house then it just crashes back to my Xbox Home Screen or if it loads everything is black. I’ve uninstalled everything 2x and hard restarted my xbox, saved under a new slot, deleted existing game, etc. Nothing is working any suggestions?

Message 7 of 51 (2,326 Views)

Re: 12/15 sims delivery crashed my game

★★★ Pro

@ktkasumu If you are on Xbox series please add me too to this the more we can get the faster it gets sorted the only thing I can suggest for the mean time is to put your console in offline mode not just the game but your whole console this is the only way we can even play the game. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Can-t-load-saved-files-or-households/m-p/1109433...

Message 8 of 51 (2,302 Views)

Re: Xbox series x loading issue

Hero (Retired)
@Macsas69 Is your game crashing when trying to load households? Or is it the game not loading at all?
Message 9 of 51 (2,253 Views)

Cannot start the game Xbox S

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Vintage Glamour, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My first pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Blooming Rooms, Incheon Arrivals, Modern Menswear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I try to start the game but it gets stuck on the first loading screen
What happens when the bug occurs? Either the game freezes on the loading screen or crashes on the loading screen when I try to start the game, I have tried going offline while the game loads and then I can start the game but I can’t play offline
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to play the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The game works on my old Xbox One but not on my new Xbox S. I just installed the game, the console is brand new. 

Message 10 of 51 (2,236 Views)