Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GRO] Wrong names and CAS Corruption after gaining a 4th trait

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP12 1.assets.live-gp12.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, all game packs, all stuff packs, all kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to edit existing sims: All family members when clicked on have names switch to 1st sim (all end up w/same name). Boxes do not “check” when trying to choose and unable to change traits
What do you expect to see? All sims keep own names, able to edit in CAS-
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Once Growing Together was installed

This happens whether using cheat cas.fulleditmode or not, unable to change anything: relationships, traits, likes etc

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title a bit

Message 1 of 139 (20,201 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to edit existing Sims (possibly after gaining extra trait)

Hero

Sims that gain an extra trait can now be edited in Create-a-Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 139 of 139 (3,399 Views)

All Replies

Re: CAS issues w/Growing Together

★★★ Novice

I am having similar issues, though only with traits, not names.

Message 2 of 139 (20,136 Views)

Hero
@allilovessims Are you also on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 139 (20,119 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict No, macOS.
Message 4 of 139 (20,115 Views)

Hero
@allilovessims Are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 139 (20,099 Views)

Re: Unable to edit existing Sims

★★★ Novice

This happened to me too. I'm on PC no mods or cc. It seemed to trigger for me after a sim in the household acquired one of the additional traits newly available through sim's lived experience only. When I opened up the family with the cheat code for full edit all the sims were renamed under the same name and weren't able to be properly edited. 

I exited without saving  and was able to change outfits for that family under my previous save using the change table only with no cheat code without the issue reoccurring. For the time being I'm not letting sims aquire an extra trait just in case it happens again.

Message 6 of 139 (20,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@caitybee73

@R4bid_Chi1d Did you gain an extra trait too before this happened ?

@allilovessims 

To be sure, these are not werewolf Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 139 (20,008 Views)

★ Apprentice

For the original household I was trying to change, yes-at some point I had earned an extra trait. Then when exiting and trying to edit a different family I had not played with since the EP release it began to happen for all sims. The original sim/family were not werewolves. 

Message 8 of 139 (19,994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue on PC. I used full cas edit to change a sims trait and not only did it not save the change I wanted but it changed all my sims names, pronouns, traits etc. to be the same (including pets) and I can't change it back! 

Message 9 of 139 (19,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I tested this and I can duplicate after my Sim gained an exta trait.

EDIT: I can't duplicate it anymore. Wanted to take some screenshots for a blog posts and now CAS is fine with cheat, without, Plan Outfit, Modify in CAS and Change Sim .. Needs more testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 139 (19,818 Views)