Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] Writing on computer not working properly

by LostOne20

Original Post

Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I couldn't duplicate the writing bug either when playing without Uni yesterday. Perhaps the missing of another pack is the culprit. (Does Uni fix the needs decay? I can't play it before Sunday)
Message 41 of 117 (342 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 I don't really pay attention to how fast they go down and only playing one sim so it's hard to tell.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 117 (331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing this problem. Some information that seems to be helpful:

• Observed with Strangerville Sims and normal Sims.
  • Buying a new computer resolves the issue for one use and then breaks again.
  • Game Version: 1.58.63.1010
  • Mods installed: MCCC 6.6.2. Mods tested and not found to be the culprit.
  • Collections installed:
    • Get Famous, Seasons, Strangerville, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Message 43 of 117 (303 Views)

Sim unable to write a book

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select write and click a genre for your book
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim doesn’t queue up writing a book
What do you expect to see? The sim queuing writing a book and then proceeding to fufill the task
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that came out for the sims 4 on November 12th.

My sims can’t write books. The option to do so is there but when you select it nothing happens. You can practice writing and all that still. You just can’t write books and my sim is a writer so not having the ability to write kinda stinks.

Message 44 of 117 (297 Views)

Re: Sim unable to write a book

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and tried multiple remedies such as disabling custom content, retrieving previous save file, using a new computer, trying to use a different sim to write a book, and the same issue kept popping up, so I’m assuming it has to be the result of the patch. 

Message 45 of 117 (281 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem as well but at times my sim also refuses to throw stuff away. I recently bought and installed Seasons but my sim still has times it refuses to throw trash away even when there is a trashcan near by.She just doesn't wanna throw it away....  even though shes a neat freak :/

Message 46 of 117 (274 Views)

Re: Sim unable to write a book

Hero
@lexipinky I merged your post with existing thread on this issue.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 117 (266 Views)

Hero
@LostOne20 Try moving some stuff around. If you have further issues, please make a new thread.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 117 (267 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict ok will do. ill include videos for other sims too.
Message 49 of 117 (240 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Conservationist Grant Application Error

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I sold the computer and my sim could write for one day then he refused again. Can't buy a new pc everytime my author wants to write. Happens with all portable and pcs. Can use them for everything but writing and its same for all sims.
Message 50 of 117 (208 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help