[FIXED] Writing on computer not working properly

by LostOne20

Original Post

Sim won't write book

★★★ Newbie

My sim will write one book on its computer, but after that book is completed, I command him to write a second book and the command goes entirely ignored. It doesn't even show up in his queue. The only workaround is if I buy a new computer every time I want him to write a book. Anyone else have this issue?

Message 91 of 129 (549 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Won't write ANY type of book (2019)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you!
Message 92 of 129 (539 Views)

Re: Sim won't write book

Hero
@dkct91 This is a known issue.

I merged your post with the bug report on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 129 (667 Views)

Sim can't start writing a genre book

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on write Genre Book, then click any of the options. Task does not even appear in task bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to use any computer to write a Genre book or the book of life will fail, as the task will never appear.
What do you expect to see? Sim should begin naming book, or at least go to the computer to try and write.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried deleting everything in the Sims 4 and making a new sim, and that new sim was able to start writing a book. as soon as I put any one of my old saves back in (ONLY the save), the sims were unable to write.

Message 94 of 129 (662 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Writing on computer not working properly

★★★ Newbie

Same here with all my sims! Can't write anything, not any genre or even a comedy show. I've tried selling the computer... Now I have this problem with the piano as well, so I can't use the piano either and selling and re-buyng doesn't work.

Message 95 of 129 (653 Views)

★★ Novice

Having this problem too! After the patch, my sims can't write books anymore. They can practice writing, but when I click write book the sims make the "I can't go there" expression as if something's blocking the computer. But this happens at every computer and for every sim in my household! And ONLY for writing books!

Message 96 of 129 (633 Views)

Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

★ Novice

Also having this problem its so frustrating!!! yes you can sell and buy a new pc but for those of us not using cheats the money thing comes into play. rather than that just fix the issue EA.

Message 97 of 129 (617 Views)

Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

Hero
@Muhrizzle Have you tried putting it in the household inventory and taking it back out as someone else suggested ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 129 (598 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the Sims 4 PC base game only, no mods or CC. I've had it for a few months now and just noticed the writing issue. I was able to have my sims write until Thanksgiving Vacation, one sim was writing I had her stop for a bathroom break and could not resume. I was in off line mode too! It affected all my sims and save files retroactively. I even tried the fix game function. Nothing, they just can't write. They have to be a brand new sim in a new file I've never used before. (Stopped to try this just now.) Selling the computer and buying new one doesn't help. Essentially no game saved before Thanksgiving will let you write. I even tried turning the new options for computer security on and off. I'm glad I'm new to Sims 4 I can't imagine having this issue with a legacy save file! Though I've been playing Sims 1 & 2 for years. Here's hoping a fix is found. 

Message 99 of 129 (571 Views)

My sims can’t write

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I attempt to get my sim to write, it shows up briefly as an action then disappears. They can practice writing, but are unable to actually write a book. I’ve tried uninstalling the game, tried different computers in different locations. I got a new laptop and installed sims, and it is doing the same thing in my new game. Help!

Message 100 of 129 (556 Views)