Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

by LostOne20

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★★ Novice

I have this issue now, I had already 2 households where previous Sims die and unable to write at all. Even when I give them the command they just cancel it themselves. I am unable to start writing anything on the PC. The only thing which seems to work from time to time is to break down the old computer and build a new one. This fixes the issue but then it resumes itself after a while no idea why.

Message 81 of 129 (760 Views)

Island Living - Prepare Grant Application

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Parenthood, Dine Out My First Pet, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Getting to Lvl 7 in the Conservationist career and choosing Environmental Manager
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to prepare a grant application. It takes about 4-5 hours to complete and if I can do it all in one sitting the completed application shows up in my inventory. Otherwise, if the process is halted for some reason, I have to start all over.
What do you expect to see? There should be incomplete grants in my inventory so I can continue working on them later instead of having to start the entire thing over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I only have 2 mods, one for faster eating/drinking and one for no fat gain. I doubt that those are the issue. If this issue doesn't get solved, I won't be able to get promoted anymore, and I don't want to use cheat codes in this one, so can someone help me figure this out?

Message 82 of 129 (602 Views)

Re: Island Living - Prepare Grant Application

Hero
@fath1st_jc Do you have other issues with writing books/comedy routines ?

This is probably tied to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Writing-on-computer-not-working-properly/m-p/84162...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 129 (596 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★★ Novice

I'm still having problems after the other patch too. None of my sims can write books in any of my files. I started a brand new one, and still cant even start a book.

When I click the option, nothing happens. They dont get the action command in their queue, and they continue doing whatever they were previously.

Message 84 of 129 (736 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Just now saw this. If it helps at all here is a copy of my save files. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KApBCTdIC8wknzzS8gFI4tKE6zJILeND
If any other information is needed just let me know :D

Message 85 of 129 (731 Views)

Re: CANT WRITE BOOKS OR CANT COMPLETE TASKS

★★★ Newbie

This describes my problem exactly. I give the command, and then nothing. I can practice writing so I'm getting the skills up fine, but still can't write any sort of book. Normal, human Sim, no mods, only Seasons installed. She wants to be a writer and I just can't do it for her.

Does Origin even give us the option to rollback updates? I suspect not.

Message 86 of 129 (697 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ozjedah I tried this when I first experienced the problem. It worked to write one book, then is not working again. I'm not going to keep selling and buying computers. Can't find anything other info on this topic. So weird.
Message 87 of 129 (688 Views)

★★★ Novice

also if you dont finish the book, you cant continue later, even re-buying a computer doesn´t work. So far i just sell-buy computer and write a book in one sit

Message 88 of 129 (671 Views)

Sims 4 - Won't write ANY type of book (2019)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The option to write genre (and cook)books show up as an option but when I click it nothing happens. You don't hear the normal /tap/ sound that you get when you choose something.
I can write love letters, as well as "practice writing", but not write any types of books.

I have no mods/CC, and the game has been repaired twice with no success. 

Message 89 of 129 (680 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Won't write ANY type of book (2019)

Hero
@CharlieTheSalty This is a known issue.

I merged your post with the bug report on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 129 (666 Views)