Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

by ozjedah

Original Post

CANT WRITE BOOKS OR CANT COMPLETE TASKS

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to write a book and sim dont do it or try to complete the task sim dont
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim dont write
What do you expect to see? Writing the books and complete the tasks that freelancer career requires
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims cant write book or cant complete the tasks that freelancer career gave

Message 61 of 129 (900 Views)

Re: CANT WRITE BOOKS OR CANT COMPLETE TASKS

Hero
@melissakayaa0 Merged your post.

Please click me too on this for the freelancer: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Freelancer-Tasks-not-getting-checked/m-p/8179949

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 129 (891 Views)

My sim won’t write books since new update

★ Novice

My sim won’t write books on any of the computers in the home since I’ve updated my game. He can use the computer for everything but writing a genre book for work. He has been maxed out on writing levels and has been an author for over a year with no issues. I have tried quitting and restarting the game. I’ve tried traveling. Other sims in the house can write books but he will not and I have no idea what to do. 

Message 63 of 129 (825 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Writing on computer not working properly

@honeypotbee  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  It's interesting that only one sim is affected.  At any rate, feel free to click Me Too and add any other info you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 64 of 129 (807 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ozjedah It's unfortunate to have to do this after every writing action though.
Message 65 of 129 (776 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@wildroses0928 Yeah i know. I hope a patch is around the corner
Message 66 of 129 (763 Views)

Hero
@ozjedah There was a patch released a few moments ago but this wasn't address unfortunately

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 129 (761 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone possibly share a save file? We've had trouble reproducing this one. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 68 of 129 (737 Views)

Can't write books on computer

★ Novice

I know this has been an issue in the past with a lot of other people, and CC seemed to be the issue, but I turned off CC and removed Mods folder for good measure, and still cannot write a book on the computer in any lot. The issue is I will click on write book, genre, but the action doesn't even pop up in the to do bar for the sim! Thank you in advanced!

Message 69 of 129 (711 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Writing on computer not working properly

@mew541  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too and add any other info you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 70 of 129 (690 Views)