Write a genre book BUG

by ShastaKnight

Original Post

Re: My sims won't write after latest update

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict buying a new computer seems to have solved the issue. thanks for your quick response
Message 21 of 129 (856 Views)

Re: My sims won't write after latest update

Hero
@vekkev59 The issue will probably come back. I merged your thread with the bug report now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 129 (851 Views)

Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

★ Apprentice

Thats what I did in the video. It works now.

Message 23 of 129 (855 Views)

★ Apprentice
@LostOne20 I didnt realize the thread was merged with another til now, but I did encounter the bug again last night but I havent done anything different so I can only assume that its a time based bug perhaps? Not sure but writing is definitely wonky.
Message 24 of 129 (850 Views)

Hero
@LostOne20 yeah, merged several threads into this now. We also have a separate (oldish) one on resume writing books not working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 129 (836 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict in a way I'm glad im not the only one having issues but also sucks that writing is having issues for everyone. No game is perfect by any means but this is probably one of the few i actually care enough to make bug reports for.
Message 26 of 129 (835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Hope it gets fixed.

Message 27 of 129 (826 Views)
Highlighted

Write a genre book BUG

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Cats&Doge, Parenthood, My First Pet stuff, holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is a basic Sims function. It has always been a function on many Sims versions.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click the computer, I press “write..”, I press “write genre book..” and when I go to select any type of book to write, it doesn’t register to my sims queue.
What do you expect to see? I expect the action to be added to my sims queue and to be able to start writing a book of my choice for my sims career progression.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started immediately after I updated the last patch on November 12th

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, My first pet stuff, and the holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is a basic function of all the sims games I have played. It comes with the original game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to have my sims write a book for their jobs on the computer, I click “write..”, “write genre book..”, and then I go to choose what type of book to write and it doesn’t register at all. The computer tile doesn’t even show up on my sims queue.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my sim to write a book that I choose for their job to progress. I cannot write a book but I can “practice writing”.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started immediately after the November 12th patch After I updated. It worked the day before.

Message 28 of 129 (826 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Writing on computer not working properly

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well (struck it first on writing a comedy routine). Also fixed by buying a new laptop/computer

Message 29 of 129 (803 Views)

Re: Write a genre book BUG

Hero
@ShastaKnight I merged your post.

Can I get feedback from everyone if they're using a spellcaster with familiar or if it's happening for every Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 129 (803 Views)