Re: Sims 4 Conservationist Grant Application Error

by Grimmfinity

Original Post

Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

★ Apprentice

Seems as though a normal sim works however this was on a completely different savefile. I could turn my sim normal and just redo the spellcaster stuff but a bug is a bug imo. I'm glad to know its not completely broken though.
Working "Write Genre Book" task 

Message 11 of 129 (1,386 Views)

Hero
@LostOne20 Could you try if buying a new computer also works for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 129 (1,380 Views)

★ Apprentice

Buying a new computer works!  This is with my spellcaster sim.

Message 13 of 129 (1,368 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I was not able to perform any other writing actions neither. However, you have provided the solution! Selling the computer a re-buying it has fixed the problem for me. Not sure why I didn't try that, yet tried everything else! Thanks!
Message 14 of 129 (1,363 Views)

Hero
@Grimmfinity Seems it might come back. I think writing is generally very wonky now and I might just merge all threads we have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 129 (1,360 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict It does come back, you're right. For now I'm going to sell and rebuy every time because at least it is a temporary fix.
Message 16 of 129 (1,349 Views)

Hero
@Grimmfinity I merged your thread with the other one then, especially as you said you had general issues with writing.

I might merge the whole thing with the resume writing as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 129 (1,343 Views)

My sims won't write after latest update

★★★★★ Newbie

After your latest update none of my sims will write a book or start a comedy routine. ive uninstalled any mods and i have none of the expansions. Everything else seems fine except for this.

Message 18 of 129 (1,343 Views)

Re: My sims won't write after latest update

Hero
@vekkev59 Writing seems a bit wonky atm. Are your Sims spellcasters ?

There have been several reports here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Writing-on-computer-not-working-properly/m-p/84162... and yours is probably up the same ally.

Could you try if buying a new computer in the game will temporarily solve it ?

Will merge if you confirm it's the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 129 (1,335 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★★★★ Newbie

My sims can't write a book. All command on computer work fine expect writing books. This happened after new update.

Message 20 of 129 (1,328 Views)