Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Writing on computer not working properly

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CatsandDogs, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to write any kind of genre book.
What happens when the bug occurs? Selected "Write Genre Book...", then selected "Non-Fiction", Nothing happens. None of the genres work.
What do you expect to see? Should be able to write the book to complete in order to publish or give to freelancer gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only change made was the recent patch as of: UPDATE: 11/12/2019 - PC 1.58.63.1010/ Mac 1.58.63.1210

Current job is a freelance writer and I had the task of writing a Non-Fiction book. My sim had a Writing skill of 6 so it is available to perform the task. When selecting any of the "Write Genre Book..." options none are met with any kind of response as shown in this example video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cV0X3-0l2wNamGy_T11MJmWM0eylLhnf 

I tried every option under the "Write Genre Book..." bubble and none work. "Write a love letter" and "Practice Writing" still function as normal.

Message 1 of 129 (10,002 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims didn’t write a genre book when “Write Genre Book” was selected.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

I know there was more in here than just genre books. Hopefully everything is fixed though. If not, please make a new thread.

Probably will need to keep a thread for each specific interaction.

Thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-XB1-PS4-Writing-on-Computer-doesn-t-work/m-p/85350...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 128 of 129 (8,485 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@LostOne20 Could you test with another Sim to see if that's the issue ? I'm not having any problems with mine but I see that yours is a spellcaster.

Maybe try turning of always transportbale if you have that on..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 129 (9,943 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I will try another sim once I'm home from work.
Message 3 of 129 (9,936 Views)

★★★ Novice

same here,  with another sims it is the same problem

Message 4 of 129 (9,918 Views)

Hero
@ozjedah Are those 'normal' sims or any kind of occult (alien, spellcasters, vampire, ...)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 129 (9,909 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@crinrict one is spellcaster the other is just a normal sim, no mods
Message 6 of 129 (9,901 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 129 (9,899 Views)

Sims 4 Conservationist Grant Application Error

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together. Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day. Stuff Packs: Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Kitchen Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Spellcaster Sim. Have the Sim in the Conservationist Career path (My Sim is at Branch 10). Select Computer>Conservationist>Write Grant Application. Also happens with Computer>Write>Resume Grant Application. This now happens with OR without a Familiar, but a Familiar was summoned after becoming a spellcaster after achieving branch 10 first. Brooms and Wands are both on.
What happens when the bug occurs? Makes the sound of clicking the selection, nothing pops up in queue, except for a brief glimpse of the action when resuming one under the Write Category.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my Sim walk over to the computer, sit down, and write a Grant Application for her job.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim, who is recently a Spellcaster and Branch 10 of the Conservationist Career, can no longer write a Grant Application or resume writing a Grant Application, which is needed for her job performance. In the past, you could unsummon a Familiar to fix it, and I also believe at one point it was patched, but it's back again and now won't even work if you dismiss your familiar. My girl wants to succeed at work! I have all Expansions but University and Go To Work and have uninstalled all my mods in prep for the patch earlier.

Also, on a side note, with the recent patch, Spellcaster Sims are no longer holding onto their Tomes and leaving them all over and sometimes they disappear entirely.

Message 8 of 129 (9,879 Views)

★★★ Novice

i just solved my problem with this:

1- sell the current computer at the sim house

2- buy a new one

Message 9 of 129 (9,875 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Conservationist Grant Application Error

Hero
@Grimmfinity I tested this in my game and had no issues preparing an grant applications but we got now several threads with resume writing and other writing stuff not working as it should.

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Write-A-Genre-Book-Broken/td-p/8416248/jump-to/first-unread-me...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sim-no-longer-resumes-writing-books/td-p/6880454/

Could you try selling the computer and getting another to see if that makes a difference ? Also, is that the only write interaction you're having issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 129 (9,849 Views)