Re: One Sim Always Lose Progress with Writing/Programming

by luneellise21

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@luneellise21 I have two questions.
You wrote: because his spouse doesn't have this problem!
You mean, the spouse sim can resume task without losing progress?
Another Q:
You wrote: This appeared when I first installed my first expansion pack - Seasons.
When did you install Seasons? In my case, this issue happened after July 26 patch.
Message 11 of 105 (1,981 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Pick-a-boo_doo hello! Yes, his spouse (Sim in the same household) can resume task without losing progress. I installed Seasons around May 2022.
Message 12 of 105 (1,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@luneellise21  Thanks for your reply. Hmm, that's wonder.
First of all, this issue seems to not dependent on any DLC. (I wrote in #6 post, this issue also happened in the base game only.) And the timing of issue happened. And the last (especially important thing), in your game, this issue influencing to only "Specific sim".
In my data, pair's household, this issue happened to both of them.
If you don't mind, could you testing with vanilla game using other sims? Composing music is skill up bothersome, so, I think write book is easy for test.

Message 13 of 105 (1,948 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Pick-a-boo_doo thank you so much for the advice. May I now how I can play a vanilla game without uninstalling the DLCs?

Also, now I think of it, the Sims that loses progress has the Perfectionist trait. Could this be significant?
Message 14 of 105 (1,924 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@luneellise21 Vanilla game is "unmodded game". You need not delete DLCs. Simply, you move whole The Sims 4 folder to desktop, and start new game in condition the EA folder being empty. You can start a new vanilla game. After testing, you can delete the new Sims 4 folder for testing or keep the folder for something. When keep the folder, it would be good to you rename the folder or put in the other named folder, for example played Sim's name.
And about that trait, I'm not sure, sorry. In my data, no sims had that trait. And there is still no report about trait.
Message 15 of 105 (1,902 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Write Song / Book / Lyrics Loses Progress

★★ Novice

The same for me. I update to the latest version with all pack installed. And the book writing process reset when the sims leave the lot or reload the save. It does not reset when the writing is interupted and sims do other thing as long as the sims stay in the lot

Message 16 of 105 (1,858 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Write Song / Book / Lyrics Loses Progress

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been documenting this for the past several months. If you enter most loading screens when a sim is writing a book or song the progress bar and time it takes to write these things will be reset and you will need to reinvest hours of your sims time. This has been happening since before the major Want's and Fears revamp. There appears to be a chance when you navigate to another lot your sim will not lose there progress when resuming but the majority of the time any load screen while in the process of writing something will cause all that progress to be reset when you next attempt to resume writing.

This is rather intrusive when you have a larger household and several creative sims. Writing a song takes about a full day, to test this I had one of my sims spend most of a day off writing a song to the point were it was about 2 hours from being complete. I entered CAS, When I went back to live mode the bar was reset and it took another full day for the sim to finish writing the song.

I would say this bug occurs about 95% of the time with sheet music and about 75% of the time with books. In my testing I had 2 out of 3 load screens reset the progress of a book so it is not 100% consistent for whatever weird reason.

Message 17 of 105 (1,810 Views)

Song Writing Progress

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have song progress save before the tasks is commanded to end.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have my Sim write a song (on the piano, at least) and then I have them stop and do something else. When I have them resume writing the song, they always start from the beginning. If I want them to finish writing a song, I have to have them sit there from beginning to finish in one go, otherwise the song will never be complete.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see song writing progress save. Like a painting or gaining a skill etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Basically,

When I have a Sim write a song, they gain any amount of progress. When I make them do anything else, and have them come back to song-writing, the entire progress is reset to 0%. If I want them to finish a song, I have to have them do the whole thing uninterrupted or they'll never make any progress.

Message 18 of 105 (1,790 Views)

Re: Song Writing Progress

★★★★ Guide
@hausofsteven Are you clicking on the music in their inventory to have them resume? Clicking on the instrument will cause them to start a new song. Once they start a song, it will be in their inventory until they finish it.
Message 19 of 105 (1,782 Views)

Re: Song Writing Progress

★★★★ Guide

There is already a thread with a bug report on "Wright Song Progress", is this a different symptom?
If #2 post is neither the cause nor the symptom of the above thread, would you try removing the MOD and give it a try?

Message 20 of 105 (1,742 Views)