Re: Object Bugs: A Painting and a Light

by BryonyRae

Original Post

[OPEN] Window Frame shows over Land-Coral Garden Painting

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I found that when placing the Land-Coral Garden Painting on a window, the window frame shows on top of the painting, instead of the painting being on top of the window frame. It happens with any window, but only seems to affect this painting.

Also, the Sovereign Table Lamp seems to always be on? There is no difference between lit/unlit states. (I am only talking about the appearance of the lamp, not the light it casts in the room)

BTW, I LOVE being able to place multiple objects on the same wall section (such as a wall cabinet, window, and wall light!) without having to use cheats!

Thanks!

Puzicat

:cathappy:

Message 1 of 8 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think this might be due to the mesh of the canvas itself being too deep into the frame, which allows the window frame to clip through it, will test with other paintings/window combinations and see if it is just this one.

Edit: It also affects "Blooming Beauty", so it's possible there are a few more paintings with canvas mesh too many voxels deep into the frames.

Edit #2: I've had a look at the lamp too, I don't seem to be having this issue my end. The model of the lamp does change between the on/off states. :/

Message 2 of 8 (796 Views)

Hero

Added

Could you please make a report each next time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (788 Views)

Hero

Tested this.

Painting: Still an issue

Light: Fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (659 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Is this issue with the painting really a bug though?  It is different than the other paintings, but all the same, none of them were really intended to be placed over a window...

Message 5 of 8 (634 Views)

Hero

I have no idea

Why CAN we place them over windows in the first place ? It's odd.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (621 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Well, we can place any type of wall décor over or partially over windows, and I *think* it's been that way since the beginning.  I think the game must treat the walls as if they were still blank, even when a window is added, in terms of object placement.  This may have been necessary in order to allow curtains to place properly...  I don't know; a dev would have to comment, but I personally wouldn't change the functionality as it allows for more creative options, although I suppose they could gate it behind bb.moveobjects.

Message 7 of 8 (613 Views)

Hero

Maybe we can get some insight

@SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimQARobo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (607 Views)