[FIXED] Willow Creek Lots - Environmental Lighting Issues

by jpayumo16

Original Post

Re: Color issue on Willow Creek Lots

★★ Apprentice

This is now effecting console versions as well my Oakenstead and Parkshore are the same. Mine also started with the 1.10 update on PS4, I made a thread but thought i would post here to make sure people are aware. Hope it gets fixed though as its really ugly imo.

Message 61 of 78 (953 Views)

Hero

Hi @Bulianshi

could you please create a separate thread for console ?

As patches/packs are currently not in sync with the PC version, it's best to have separate threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 78 (932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

go back to an earlier saved game.  On PC, this happens when you exit and save at the same time.  It does not happen if you just exit to main or desktop.  You might be lucky and find a save that was not automatically done when you exited.

Message 63 of 78 (919 Views)

Weird Lighting Issues

★ Novice

For a while now, I've been experiencing some weird lighting throughout the whole game. This has been bugging me a lot as I'm currently working on designing a house but all the colors aren't appearing the way they should be. For instance, I've put white background coloring for the house wallpaper, but during the day, it appears as dark green. Not only that, the surroundings of the lot are really dull colored. 

My sim owns a mall, and again, the lighting is all wrong. The whole mall became purple even though the wallpaper is either white or beige in color. I have not set any mood lighting at all.

Can someone please help me with this? I've tried restarting my router and changing to laptop mode but to no avail. 

Message 64 of 78 (948 Views)

Re: Weird Lighting Issues

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 65 of 78 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@maruman001
This is a known bug
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Willow-Creek-Lots-Environmental-Lighting-Issues/m-p/68725...

it probably happens when you leave the game and use automatically save at the same time.
I don't work for EA .

Message 66 of 78 (916 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yes, this looks like the same issue - will merge with that thread.

Message 67 of 78 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Nuke615 - ALL of those lots in the Pic have color issues since the pre-season patch as has been stated and shown with pics by numerous people throughout the thread - The Goth Lot has a pinkish tint now as I already explained - it's not darkened and I never said it was - I have built on all of these lots and they are no longer usable because of the  tint now. In fact - I have pre-seasons builds on the Goth lot in my catalog where the color is normal. 

Message 68 of 78 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I also have pre-Seasons versions of the Oakenstead and Cypress Terrace lots (found them on a backup drive the other day) and the library shots of them from that time look normal. Save and Exit has absolutely nothing to do with it. I never, ever Save and Exit. I said that before, but evidently it was missed.

The pink tone in my game on the Ophelia Villa lot isn't noticeable to me though (My version of the Goths live on Oakenstead and I have a cafe on the original Goth lot), and I don't see a difference in the library photos before and after of it.

Oakenstead is terrible though. It looks like it's underwater, very green and murky looking.

ETA: Parkshore does have a slight pink tone, but it's not really that bad. 

Message 69 of 78 (847 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

it's still doing it to me. Is there a way to fix it? I will not leave my 6 generation legacy save because of that, lol. So don't please say just to start a new game or find old save.

Message 70 of 78 (798 Views)