[FIXED] Willow Creek Lots - Environmental Lighting Issues

by jpayumo16

Original Post

Re: Willow Creek Lots - Environmental Lighting Issues

★★★★ Novice

Okay so I turned off laptop mode and that got rid of the purple flooring.. however my house still looks green-ish in the afternoon lighting.. all other times of day is fine. 

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the issue of the grass being so dull - maybe these issues are stemming from the same bug/ glitch? 

Also, while on laptop mode earlier I did test my house on other lots in Oasis Springs - same issues came up. I then went into other lots that were smaller in Oasis Springs. Everytime I put down black plank wood flooring outside it came out as bright purple again. So the glitch was happening between neighborhoods, not just Willow Creek as I originally thought.

The big question here now is - is laptop mode not compatible anymore? Not sure if those fixing the bugs in the patch are aware of this though. I don't have Twitter so I cannot tweet them directly about this. 

Here are my Macbook Pro graphics info.:

macOS High Sierra 

Version 10.13.3

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core 17

Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 11 of 78 (1,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also not using any CC's or Mods at the moment. I moved them all to the trash since they slowed down my game before the patch anyway. 

Message 12 of 78 (1,363 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Contact an agent then they’ll help you.

Message 13 of 78 (1,335 Views)

Re: Lot Is Darkened As If It Is Cursed After June 2018 Patch

★★★ Guide

Just tested it again..the glitch happens when you exit the game and choose save and exit.  This time I vampire proofed the home with garlic wreaths at all the entryways, and I did not even un pause the game before saving and exiting.

Message 14 of 78 (1,337 Views)

★ Novice
I have twitter and I have the exact same computer, I'll tweet them about laptop mode!
Message 15 of 78 (1,318 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Awesome, thank you!! 

Message 16 of 78 (1,313 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@jpayumo16 what is your origin ID? I'd like to see your builts once you fix your bug. Good luck! 

Message 17 of 78 (1,296 Views)

Hero
This is just on map view, right ?

DId you test this without mods as well ? On a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 78 (1,319 Views)

★★ Pro

Adding a Me Too to this. It seems like it's just the Oakenstead and Cypress Terrace lots in Willow Creek that are afflicted with this problem for me. I did a quick run through the rest of Willow Creek and the other worlds and didn't notice this anywhere else.

From what I've seen of Early Access footage from Seasons, the lighting on these lots looks a lot like the fall lighting from Seasons. I'm not sure why just this area is affected though.

Message 19 of 78 (1,279 Views)

★★ Pro

I think this is connected to the other thread on environmental lighting problems in Willow Creek, because my Oakenstead lot also looked off from map view before I even loaded into it, but so did Cypress Terrace. And it was just those two lots that had strange lighting in my game and only outdoors. The interior lighting was normal.

I was also testing without mods or custom content installed.

Message 20 of 78 (1,307 Views)