Re: White screen after alt + tabbing

by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] White screen after alt + tabbing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This has now happened to me twice today.

When I alt+tab out of the game the screen turns white when but the sims cursor is still there. The cursor indicates I can click something if I move it across the screen, but clicking in that spot does nothing.

I also have the bug where sims can't knock on doors. I don't think it's related but you never know.

Message 1 of 41 (15,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have the alt-tabbing problem.  I have to use task manager to exit the sims when it happens.

Edit:  It doesn't happen every time I alt-tab.  But it does happen a lot, enough where I try not to alt-tab at all while playing.

Message 2 of 41 (15,836 Views)

Hero

How long did you guys wait for the screen to return ? I did have a longer loading time once after doing it but it cam back after about 30 sec

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 41 (15,826 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hmm.  The first couple times at least a few minutes.  Now I pretty much just close it right away when it happens.

Message 4 of 41 (15,823 Views)

Hero

OK. I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 41 (15,820 Views)

★★ Novice

I had it on for a while but then I just gave up on waiting. Waited for maybe 5 minutes and then I closed it down.

Message 6 of 41 (15,815 Views)

Hero

Yeah, that's a bit too long

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 41 (15,809 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue.  The first time, I waited somewhere around 7-10 minutes (went to do laundry and figured it might have fixed itself while I was doing that—nope) before giving up.  Then I had just a heck of a time closing it down with Task Manager, because the white screen insisted on always being the "top layer" of windows.  

I haven't had the same problem shutting it down again, but I do get this issue somewhat randomly when I alt-tab out.  I've given up on waiting for it to restore itself, because my experience is that it won't.  

Message 8 of 41 (15,806 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 41 (15,804 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@Barth_Dydrus Is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 41 (15,624 Views)