[FIXED] Whims not fulfilling

by ArybellaHope

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★★★★ Apprentice
@theunspeakableh For that you need to cheat the aspiration completion with MC Command Center, I know it sucks but then again so does EA for not fixing this problem.
Message 141 of 212 (1,207 Views)

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

★★★★★ Newbie

This is happening in my game too!! I have even restored to completely uninstalling and reinstalling everything (still fixing nothing) FrownHopefully this will get fixed soon.

Message 142 of 212 (1,192 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. I have messed around with it quite extensively, and have found that it seems to be linked to travel, not necessarily pinning (though it affects pinned whims the same way.) I have seen some people suggest that a whim is locked to the lot in which it is generated. I have not found this to be the case, as if I travel to a different lot, and then back to the lot the whim was generated, it will still not complete. This happens whether the whim is pinned or not. The only way to ever have pinned whims function after travel to a different lot is to save on the lot you want to complete the whim, exit and restart the game, and it should allow you to complete the pinned whim after that (I guess because the script is being completely restarted.) This is quite a pain for things that require travel, such as the marriage whims (which no one wants to miss out on, especially after they had supposedly been fixed in a recent patch.) So long as you do not travel to a new lot, whims will continue to function normally. It definitely seems that travelling causes something in the currently active whims to break.

Right now, the best way to handle the situation is simply this: Cancelling any active whims after travel will generate new whims that will work again.

Message 143 of 212 (1,130 Views)

Re: Whims not fulfilling when I travel to a community lot

★★ Novice
@crinrict I know this is an older post and may have received an answer, or a fix, but for me, the bug still happens, but only when I have a whim, then travel to a different lot. That whim (no specific whim, so far all of them do this) now no longer completes, but whims I get after arriving to the lot (any lot I haven't noticed if there are specific lots this happens on) the new whim will complete. So until this is fixed, I just delete those whims whenever I travel. I have tested this on current and previous saves as well as new games, with and without mods/cc installed with the same results. Hope this helps someone out there understand.
Message 144 of 212 (1,060 Views)

★ Guide
I am afraid EA has forgot or ignored this annoying bug!
Message 145 of 212 (1,025 Views)

★ Apprentice
@imhotep168 that definitely seems the case feels like its been a while now that this bug has been ingame for those of us posting on this thread Frown
Message 146 of 212 (1,008 Views)

Well, for some of us, it just started! Wasn't in my game until the Nov 12th patch. Standard smile I just go into Manage Worlds once I get them home and reload the lot, so far it's worked every time to reset the whims so that they can finish, as well as other "stuck" things, like the freelancer career steps.

Message 147 of 212 (999 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@wildirishbanshee wrote:

Well, for some of us, it just started! Wasn't in my game until the Nov 12th patch. Standard smile I just go into Manage Worlds once I get them home and reload the lot, so far it's worked every time to reset the whims so that they can finish, as well as other "stuck" things, like the freelancer career steps.

Sorry for your troubles,  but this bug will probably never be fixed, for a lot of us, it's been happening since the first EP and they won't be fixing it anytime soon. If they wanted to fix it they would have done it by now. When traveling, clear all of your whims and try to complete the new ones before going home. When you get home, clear any whims that you had on the community lot. Do this every time you travel and go home. Never pin whims, it does nothing to help complete them.

Message 148 of 212 (992 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@imhotep168 they've ignored it completely!
Message 149 of 212 (991 Views)

★★★ Guide

Gameplay for TS4 is thing of the past, Builders and storytellers are fine, but for people that actually want to play the game, the challenge has gone, heartbreak for us old-timers, confusing for the newcomers of the game.

Message 150 of 212 (969 Views)