[FIXED] Whims not fulfilling

by ArybellaHope

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★ Novice

Just stopping by to say...… … … 

Even with the patch and no mods or cc, whims are still Not completing.

Devil

Message 121 of 212 (1,233 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I specifically can't complete the "Start club meeting"-whim, it pops-up when a meeting is in progress, it doesn't get completed when nothing is going on and I start a meeting.

I also get whims popping up for buying pet-toys because of "owning a pet", even though I split them into different households. Currently have no pets.

Message 122 of 212 (1,199 Views)

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

★ Pro

What seems to be happening is that if I complete whims immediately or very quickly they work fine. If I wait too long they don't. This happens even if I've pinned that whim. They seem to time out. Sort of makes sense. But, sometimes whims take long term planing to satisfy. E.G. Having a baby or marriage.

My solution is to ignore and/or dismiss whims until I get one I can immediately satisfy. But, I don't focus much on whims and I play with aging set to "Long." 

Message 123 of 212 (1,187 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Vallandra They will ask us for another 40 dollar pack but they will never fix this issue.
Message 124 of 212 (1,143 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've also experienced that whims stop working if you lock them and then make your sim travel to another lot. They won't fulfill even if they come back to the original lot to do the required action.

Message 125 of 212 (1,122 Views)

★ Guide

I have problems with winter whims as well. It's impossible to fullfill the skating whim, no matter what I try. I hope they can fix this soon. 

Message 126 of 212 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm having this issue now for the very first time in my game. I removed all of my mods for the most recent patch so I don't have any in my game now and I've noticed that the whims won't complete IF they are pinned. Unpinned whims I can fill. I'm not really sure what's going on with that, though. It's really weird. It's not even just this save but other saves as well. I tried another save--just like a throw away one--and the same thing happened.

Message 127 of 212 (1,064 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. Yesterday I pinned a couple of whims and they would not fulfil. I ended up having to delete them. Once they had been pinned they would not fulfil for me even when I unpinned them.

Message 128 of 212 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Novice
Confirmed that pinning a whim is what kills it. Traveling or not doesn't seem to matter.
Message 129 of 212 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

For me the bug is linked to travel, not to pinning. I can only fulfill a whim on the lot where it first populated. This is true for all sims in all households existing in any neighborhood and initially presented after the September patch and persists to the present. I have tried reinstalling the game and moving my most recent save back in. i’ve also tried moving families to a new home lot. neither resolved the issue. I have not tried creating a new world. I have all packs and expansions. Sims 4 is fully updated and repaired. I have no mods. I play on a MacBook that’s a couple years old and running the latest Mojave OS. Lmk if additional info would be helpful.

Message 130 of 212 (982 Views)